David
Years ago

Dragons smash Cairns

The dragons absolutely stifled Cairns last night so I think deserves a thread.
Look at how many points Cairns scored in the 3rd I was there and they didnt score until 6mins into the quarter that is ridiclious and by the way what is the lowest score in the quarter I heard someone at the game say it was 8, and they just scraped that in with 50secs to go.

Are the Dragons easily the best defensive team in the league? And the most well balanced team in the league?

Topic #17796 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Cairns have been a bit up and down. 122 against NZ and then 65 against South?!

Burston with 16 and 16 got the better of Crosswhite who went 2/9 from the field.

Reply #208821 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

I would say they are probably the best defensive team in the league. They held the Tigers to 80 points last week, and that's one hell of an effort for a team with all the stars they have got.(Barlow,Anstey,Ere,SamMac)
And then to only give up 65 against the Taipans is just crazy.

Reply #208830 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Sounds more interesting than the Blaze game I went to last night.
Both teams missed a lot of shots and defence was scrappy.
Funny to see CJ held to 8 pts- Oscar had a good one though- his 3pt shooting was impressive.
I couldn't relate to either team and it was bizarre to be at a game that was neither Bullets nor 36ers, yet both teams sporting Bullets players from last season... I didn't know who the heck to go for so I went for nobody until the last 5 mins when the Blaze started to come back.

Reply #208838 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

just looked at the stats, i would like to have been at that game.

If someone told me that South would have 7 players who played less than 24min, ie 7 players played less than half a game ?!? talk about emphasising the defensive end...

Reply #208907 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

The Dragons were nothing short of awesome on Saturday night.

Wortho only played 22 minutes as he nurses his hamstring back to full strength.

Ingles got them started in the first and then Darden took over.

Burston was solid all the way through. Played REALLY tough as well......HARD rebounds, scrapped for everything.

Cairns hit 23 of their 65 in the last quarter against mainly the bench. They're lucky they hit 60.

Abney was crap....6 of his 14 came against the Dragons bench as did a few of his rebounds. Has he earnt any of his big contract since moving to Cairns?

Catt was petulant and unimpressive. Darden defended the hell out of him. As someone said to me on the night Darden is the perfect "Goorj" import..... awesome defensively, solid offensively. And MAN, can he get up there??!?!?!? Some more awesome dunks on Saturday night.

What is it about Cairns? Catt was a star in teh league, Abney was ripping it up, Thomas was possibly the most underated import in the league last year. Darnell Mee? All of them have gone horribly downhill since going there. Or maybe it was just Saturday night?!??!?!

Reply #208942 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Add Crosswhite to that list as well....he was complete crap.

Reply #208943 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

You been taking game review tips from Boti Dicko?

Reply #208944 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Dicko - Mee, Cat and Thomas are all old now. They will have decent games every now and then, but they are no longer big game players. Abney - who knows? Maybe he has RSI from doing that gay Birdman thing after he dunks.

Reply #208946 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

He was funny...in the last quarter he got a dunk and started to puff out his chest and try to look cool. Then he realised that he was being guarded by Tariq Naqqash and deflated, slunk back down and just shuffled to the other end of the court.

Maybe Cairns need to stop paying big money for guys at the wrong end of their careers.

Reply #208949 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:14 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754