yogee
Years ago

Brad Hill - wow

Well, if there is a Brad Hill fan club, sign me up!!

This kid can play some serious hoops.

The shut down job he done on Gaze was awesome enough alone, but the way he scored, the shots he took (that Maher-esque 3 was brilliant)..just fantastic.

Great job by Farley with his 41 points.....stepped up in the absence of Maher. Jacob came close to a triple double.....18 points, 12 boards, 7 assists, and Farley flirted with one as well.

Gower did some nice things, and well done to Coops and Rees for closing Bradtke out (8 points, 12 boards).

Amazing win, I had been thinking it would be a good game for us if we lost by less than 20.

Topic #1782 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

and who said this kid wasnt better than newley . I thing NG might aswell say good bye even tho i like him so much because this KID is THEY KID for the 36ers for many years to come and im 95% sure the coaching stuff and admin will be doing as much as possible 2 make sure he stays in adelaide colours

Reply #20250 | Report this post

genna  
Years ago

ohhh Hill was very impressive! I dont think people expected much from him at all... and he blew everyone out of the water with the performance he put on today! Hit some big shots, and looked to have a huge amount of confidence for a guy that has only played a couple of NBL games. Good on him, hope he continues on with his from saturday night!

Reply #20253 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I expected him to get maybe 12 points, especially with Maher out, but he topped that. Was stripped by DMac once, but who cares -- his first game in front of the home crowd and he did brilliantly.

The performances from Hill, Holmes and Forman tonight would instill a good level of confidence in Sixers fans for the future I think.

Reply #20255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

except for jacobs shooting!

5/18 :|

Reply #20257 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He had four trips to the line after being fouled driving to the basket. Had a couple of bad misses but even though the shooting stats suggest that nothing has changed, I think he played a better game shooting-wise than other recent efforts.

Reply #20259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it doesn't count as a shot attempt if you miss and get fouled.

However, if you get fouled and it goes in it counts.

Reply #20261 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In that case, did he seriously take 18 shots then? He might've been fouled on put back attempts (8 offensive boards).

I can remember an ugly banked shot attempt from near the Tigers' bench and something else that wasn't close, but it didn't seem that he threw up too many bricks.

Reply #20262 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Considering Jacob was only 3 assists shy of a triple double, I think I could overlook the shooting myself.

Reply #20270 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

With Brett Maher not playing this game, all I can say is thank God for Brad Hill. He filled Maher's shoes perfectly. Between Willie working overtime and Brad making a great debut at home, the hole left by Maher was not only filled, but overflowed. I don't feel too uncomfortable now about the Wollongong game this Saturday even though Maher won't be playing this one either. From today's performances, we can be confident that the rest of the team can get the job done. The rest of this season is as good as we could expect playing Taipans twice which we should expect to win both, playing Wollongong twice which we could realistically win atleast one and Brisbane at home which we can expect to win.

Reply #20274 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

As I said, I think this was his best game for a while (maybe even back to round 3).

My MVP votes would be:

Farley
Holmes
Rychart

Hill not far behind.

Yours?

Reply #20275 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

geez i wonder if only phil had given darren ng a chance just like hes given brad hill.brad hill has had more court time in 1 game than darren had in his first 3 seasons?

Reply #20278 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Well, on my OzHOops report, I cast my votes as 3 - Farley, 2- Thomas, 1 - Hill.

The defensive work Hill did on Gaze was outstanding in itself, let alone his offensive game.

Reply #20282 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

cheeze...maybe he knows what he's doing? (although we'll let the whole Newley thing go under the radar...)

Like I said a while ago, Hill=next Newley, Ingles=next Hill. Hopefully we can do something about that!

Reply #20293 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Some of the DNg comments are a bit hard. A team needs 10 players (or at least 7 contributors) and Darren will be a long-term piece of the puzzle for Adelaide. There is room for both he and Brad, you know.

Reply #20297 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

What about the job on Bradtke? I think that was the key. He had 8 points in 35 minutes? When was the last time Bradtke put up those numbers, especially against Adelaide?

Reply #20299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how would he fit that in with his study and work? surely there's going to be a time when what the sixers can offer for a bench player doesn't compare to what he can get as a doctor?

Reply #20304 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

I thought Jacob struggled in the first quarter with his shots but after that it appeared to me he was scoring at maybe around 50%. I was surprised to see his % for the game so low. I got the impression he was scoring at a better rate than that. I agree with Isaac, I thought it was a pretty good game for Jacob (after the first quarter).

I don't think Darren Ng will be cut. We doubt we'll keep both him and Williams but I think Ng is much more likely to be kept. Every team needs 9th and 10th players, and just because Ng was used less than Hill doesn't mean he has no use.

After the game I saw Jason Williams go to Brad Hill and give him heaps of encouragement. JW looked genuinely excited and pleased for Hill. I thought it was a good gesture from Williams considering Hill has probably just put him out of a job.

Reply #20311 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

yea i say sign hill up for the next few yrs asap, he's an awesome prospect!!!!

Reply #20315 | Report this post

sabre  
Years ago

Jason is genuinely excited for Brad partly because he played a part in his development when he was a junior. Remember that Jason has done a lot of junior coaching and won a National Junior Classic when he coached Jacob and Oscar.

Reply #20316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think u will find jason knows his time is nearly up . I think u will find that when he first injured his foot he was considering other career options.

I always thought jason would come good @ some point of his career but i dont think it will happen any more

Reply #20320 | Report this post

Portal to the...  
Years ago

All I can say is that I'm glad a player has finally taken Jason Williams's spot. If 36ers secure Hill and Ingles, imagine the lineup in the next 4-5 years! We'd have Hill/Ingles/Ng, Dusty, Holmes, Forman as a starting 5, and one of the guards 6th man. It's quite the thing to look forward to

Reply #20321 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

its actually the firt time i have been really excited as a 36er fan in a while. Its always been great with brett, willie, dusty etc but this guy comes from nowhere and he works straight away. I think the whole stadium felt that way the other day, just a great vibe.

Reply #20356 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

You are spot on Joshuapending.

I felt exactly the same way at the Sydney game when he had an immediate impact and at times looked the best player on court.

Of course he is going to have his down games where things don't go right or he doesn't get enough shots or court time but there is no doubt that in a few years he is going to be one of the best guards in the NBL.

The comparison with Newley is a fair one given he is another year younger. He may not be quite as explosive a scorer but from what I have seen he is probably the better defender and passer.

The fact he can play PG to SF comfortably makes him the best pick-up the 36ers could have hoped for.

The most annoying thing about losing Newley was not only did we lose a great player with heaps of potential but a player who would have provided us with the back-up guard and off the bench scoring we had been lacking.

Hill fits into that role perfectly and as stated above, everything should be being done to secure him long term.

I think it is great for SA basketball that we are producing some of Australia's best prospects in Newley, Hill and Ingles. I've heard good things about Dodman and Kersten who are at the AIS also.

The future is bright as long as the 36ers manage to sign our top prospects. Congrats to all the SA coaches who have played a part in junior development.

I don't think the 36ers have to make huge changes next season.

They should keep the team as is with Hill replacing Williams. They should then use Nash's spot to sign a big man like Moore or Stiff.

I wonder if we are a shot at Schenscher if he gets drafted in the second round a la Paul Rogers and doesn't get a guaranteed contract.

Does anyone on this board have any info re Schenscher? If he doesn't go to the NBA is there a chance he will play for the 36ers to be close to his family or will he play in Europe instead?

Reply #20361 | Report this post

cammo  
Years ago

i think if there would be any1 to fill brett mahers spot wen hes gone it should b either newley or hill. i like ng but i dont think can replace maher well not at this stage anyway.

Reply #20508 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Schenscher wouldn't come to Adelaide surely? There's big bucks for guys like him in the Italian 27th division.

Reply #20515 | Report this post

Portal to the...  
Years ago

If you think Brad Hill is good watch for Kersten, who owns him in every facet of the game, except for height. I look forward to the future as a 36ers and a basketball fan.

Reply #20517 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I'm hoping Pini rips it up in the NBL for us one day I really do, but he didn't have a great season at the ais last year and really doubt if he would be as effective as Brad Hill. Hopefully he does some damage this year.

Reply #20519 | Report this post

Portal to the...  
Years ago

Are you hearing this from a source, or are you an AIS bloke or what?

Reply #20528 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Brad Hill- The most impressive debut performance I have ever seen personally

Reply #20563 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

if he wasnt from from sturt i doubt he would of got minutes

Reply #20564 | Report this post

shapes  
Years ago

...and didnt his sister play for the lightning aswell...

Reply #20671 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:40 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754