hahaha
Years ago

Would Willie Farley suit the 08/09 36ers?

Will willie suit the playing sixers system

Topic #17825 | Report this topic

Jonno  
Years ago

I Think he would do well, against perth we definatly needed a scorer who could take the game over like Willie can, as our defense was quite good in the 2nd half we just couldnt score

Reply #209123 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Think we could do better than a streak-shooter who was a total liability on D ... who made his career out of one good season, and was never the same after his stay in Sydney.

there is a difference between recycling and garbage ...

Reply #209125 | Report this post

Chewy  
Years ago

Willie Farley would suit the Sixers down to a t. He's the explosive scorer who knows how to bring fans into the game. People say he was never the same after his gig with West Sydney? He was runner up in the MVP voting, and we pretty much put our whole team on his shoulders. When Farley gets going on offense, no one can stop that fadeaway.

Reply #209137 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Total Liability on D? You haven't been watching Tyndale have you?! The difference is Farely could actually play D when he wanted to but unfortunately was motivated (Unmotivated) by a coach in his worse coaching years. In fact the reason we won that championship was partially due to Farleys Defence when he was moved onto Dmac and ultimately shut down his effectiveness in the game. Tyndale on the other hand is terrible at defence and has no defensive awareness. One good season? I guess his 23ppg season straight back from West Sydney was terrible. His last season's shooting percentage was bad but he was also in a bad team that finished second to last with a coach at his worst. Also there was off court problems which also impacted on his motivation and game.

I think Farley would be a great fit (however not sure what his like these days). We need someone that can hit 3's Farley can do that (Tyndale can't even hit open 3's), we need someone who can score consistently when we don't have someone to go to (Tyndale can only score when the game is out of reach and even then doesn't score much), we need someone that can finish on the break and Farley can certainly do that! We need someone that can get the crowd into the game and Farley can certainly do that.

Reply #209141 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

A player in the mould of Farley c. 2002 or 2005 would suit this team to a tee. Need someone to create their own shot and break up defences.

That said, Farley himself would be a poor choice for this team. He aint getting any younger.

Reply #209172 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Another player from the Verdiomert era?
What are you guys think'n?
Awe, hang on. My bad. : )

Reply #209173 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Tyndale on the other hand is terrible at defence and has no defensive awareness"

You've criticised his D a few times KingJames and I really don't know what you've been looking at because I completely disagree.

Reply #209199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where is farley playing now?

Reply #209277 | Report this post

hahaha  
Years ago

He is in the USA doing nothing

Reply #209279 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Would love to see him back here. I would definitely chance it as a swap for Tyndale. Farley had his problems in the last year he played here, but can't help feeling that they were personal issues that was affecting his game rather than a lack of talent. If he is still in game shape and after a long break from the 36ers, I would be excited at the prospect of his return and what he would bring with him.

Reply #209280 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I always got the strong impression that Farley was a bit of a problem for the team - e.g., team defense broke down, odd one out, etc.

But, when he got firing, he really was one of the most electrifying players to watch.

Reply #209285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

King James you wank have you watched any of the sixers games?
Comparing Tyndale and Willy's D an give the edge to Willy?
You really have no idea do you?!
Stop ripping on the man an give some support to our team!

Reply #209290 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:14 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754