wakey wakey...
Years ago

NBA Live 2009

When does NBA Live 2009 come out?

Topic #17829 | Report this topic

Anon2  
Years ago

It's already out. NBA 2K9 also released - that's the better game IMO.

Reply #209165 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

It's out and it's annoying.

Reply #209187 | Report this post

wakey wakey...  
Years ago

why is it annoyinig?

Reply #209218 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

nba live 09 is lame

2k9 is probably the best b asketball sim ever

Reply #209219 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

I just started playing Live 09 on the Ps3.

Still yet to get my hands ok 2k9 and other 2k versions.

Reply #209223 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

wakey, so many reasons.

You cant pass there are so many interceptions. You can take interceptions off but it doesnt work.

Everythings in the metric system, which i personally dont like.

Some player ratings are way off.

The Australian national team is a disgrace, Schenscher has white hair and they spelt Newley wrong.

You have to look at a close up of Tony Parker's face everytime you turn on the game - very disturbing.

3pt shooting is unrealistically difficult.

Games take longer - I have to change the quarter length to 7mins and put 'game speed' on full just to get realistic scores around 100.

There's so much more but i can't be bothered lol.

Go for 2k9.

Reply #209228 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

im loving live 09, graphics and gameplay are shitting all over 2k9. how can you possibly complain about the game being a little harder? is way more realistic and don't seem to be any glitches so far either. yeah there has been some mess ups with how people may look (big schench) and names, but you can change that anyways, and more than likely roster updates will change it all for you anyways.

Reply #209255 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Who said it was harder? 3pt shooting is near impossible but it's still easy to win.

It's been all downhill since Live06 imo.

Reply #209288 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

X, most of what you listed is just petty. Apart from the 3pt shooting (which I don't agree with), you really haven't listed anything meaningful at all. They spelt Newley wrong, and Schenscher has white hair? Big deal, are they on 2K at all? As for passing, I didn't have problems with it at all. Maybe it's just the way you play?

And why do you need to have scores around 100? You score that much in 48 minutes in real life, why would you expect to get there in 20?

I could list a whole bunch of things wrong with 2K too, but I won't. In fact, I'd say that if we are talking annoying, 2K would be more so than Live.

Having said that, 2K is alot more realistic and probably better, but Live isn't as bad as people like to believe it is, IMO.

Reply #209297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

online is fucking shit in 2k9

Reply #209298 | Report this post

steve  
Years ago

is the aussie squad an updated team?

ie is patty mills in the team

Reply #209334 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Mills is there, the squad is a bit off though, with Sam Mac, Jason Smith (who looked very 'Aaron Bruce at the 06 WCs' if you ask me) and Helliwell in there instead of Bruton, Anstey and a couple others. Something like:

Mills
Newley
Mac
Andersen
Bogut
----
Smith
Barlow
Nielsen
Schenscher
Ogilvy
Helliwell
+ another.

Reply #209361 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Another thing is the whole player rotation/inactive list crap. It changes the inactive list by itself after I have already done it and will do stupid things like take out Dwight Howard for Nathan Jawai, and then I dont find out until I start the game lol.
I prefer the old 'reorder roster'.

But yeah you're probably right twenty four, theyre just little things. I just think when I have more fun playing the same game from 3yrs ago (Live06) there's a problem but maybe it's just me.

As for the Australian team, all I ask for is a little bit of research into how the layers look and play, otherwise they shouldn't do it at all. If you look closely, one of the Aus players (Helliwell maybe)looks exactly the same as Chris 'Birdman/Dopeman' Anderson, I think they've just taken his image because they don't know what he looks like.

Reply #209395 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

I much prefer NBA Live to 2k. Had Live 09 for less than a week and I am really enjoying it. The players seem to move more logically.

Pain for me is when I create a player and add it to a roster, it completely reorders the roster from the way I wanted it - it goes back to default, even if the player I created has better stats! STOOOPID!

I am loving the way it treats pick and rolls. You need to read the defence - which acts differently each time.

BTW this is for the xbox 360 version.

Reply #209412 | Report this post

Giraffe 16  
Years ago

is it any good

Reply #213064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why aren't Dahntay Jones and Chris Anderson in NBA live 09

Reply #236899 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I have XBOX 360 and if you update your rosters through XBOX live they are on the team

Reply #236914 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

I used ta be a 2K man now I'm a Live man

Reply #236916 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:20 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754