LC
Years ago

LJ & Gaze names in top 100 Olympians

It has just been announced that basketballers Lauren Jackson and Andrew Gaze have been named in a list of Australia's Top 100 Olympians.

Link: http://linky.com.au/g56bc

Full list: http://linky.com.au/uq65v

Is there anyone else they could have added from basketball to the list?

Topic #17832 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

phil could have been a legit consideration

Reply #209210 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Seems to me that most people who won an individual gold medal have been listed.

Are there some names of others that should be listed despite having not won a gold medal?

Reply #209213 | Report this post

Chickenboy  
Years ago

Interesting to note that of the 100 LJ was one of 7 never to have won a gold medal and Gaze is the only one without a medal of any colour.

It's excellent that they recognise success other than a bagful of medals (although there are 35 swimmers in the list).

Reply #209214 | Report this post

Chickenboy  
Years ago

(side note) Also, the coolest name in the list is definately "Lorraine Crapp" she's my new hero.

Reply #209216 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Same on the committe for putting Steven Bradbury on the list. He fluked his gold medal by everyone in his race falling over, twice. I know people are gonna say "a gold medal's a gold medal", but seriously!!

Reply #209230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bradbury is a GUN

Reply #209321 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Mate, your so ashamed to say the Bradbury is a gun that you wouldn't put a name on your post!! Shame, shame, shame.

Reply #209414 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:37 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754