LA Boy
Years ago

NBA on Channel 10: One HD

Just heard from CH10 new NBA's gonna be on FTA!!!!!!!! best thing I've heard!!!

Also, anybody's got an opinion on Andrew Bynum, Greg Oden talk? Their first professional match up tomorrow keep an eye on it!

My "biased" opinion: Andrew Bynum with edge because he got more moves such as his developed hook shot and mid-range jumper that's looking pretty good in the preseason that we haven't seen before though Oden seems a bit stronger but no doubt both are monsters!

(Mod: Found this video of the announcement.)

Topic #17834 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Two Goliath's going at it!

Reply #209234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PLEASE let this be true? Do you know any more? HD and SD? when does coverage start? time of day? games per week etc? any more info? And what d o you mean you "just heard"? You rand them or what?

Reply #209238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Channel Ten confirmed it.

Full 24 Hour Sports channel, including LIVE NBA.

Reply #209239 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Check the EARLIER thread people...

Reply #209242 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

starts April apparently

Reply #209259 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

and also I appologize for repeating the similar thread, I was too happy to hear the news that my initial reaction was to celebrate on here without checking...

we'll turn the topic into the Bynum VS Oden then

Reply #209262 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

and also I appologize for repeating the similar thread, I was too happy to hear the news that my initial reaction was to celebrate on here without checking...

we'll turn the topic into the Bynum VS Oden then :-P

Reply #209263 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've added a video announcing the new channel to the first post in this thread.

Reply #209272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thanks alot issac!

Reply #209275 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Is Odom really going to come off the bench this year? For VladRad? That's crazy.

Also, OkCity have the worst uni's i've ever seen in the NBA.

Reply #209286 | Report this post

Brucey  
Years ago

Is this an opportunity for the NBL to get back on to FTA. Maybe not this season due to restrictive contract conditions with Foxtel but what about next year? How long is the current contract with Foxtel, I heard it is only for this year and the NBL were lucky to get that. With all due respect to Foxtel, they have helped just keeping the NBL alive finacialy but it has also trapped the NBL into a smaller market base compared to what FTA TV can provide. Maybe next year is an opportunity to repeat what happend in the late 80's when NBL started to air games on FTA.

Reply #209314 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Brucey, I think it's a massive opportunity. NBA on FTA is great, and adding the NBL to that would be even better.

One HD needs to fill 24 hours a day with sports content and they'd be silly not to get the NBL into that.

Reply #209316 | Report this post

Brucey  
Years ago

Do we need to send anything to the NBL or BA? I had a look at some of the Basketball Australia review on their website. http://www.basketball.net.au/_uploads/res/1_44234.pdf

It has plenty of high level plans to agressively market the game in the next 2-3 years as per the introduction and more detail on page 6 of the pdf doco.

If they cant even get some FTA on the new OneHD, then as usual they are all talk and no action.

Reply #209322 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I mean just NBA on FTA will probably attract some crowd for NBL. But I definitely agree with Brucey this time we'll be able to really see if those NBL lazy bums are really working on not.

Reply #209413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #232930 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:46 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754