Bo Hamburger
Years ago

Whither Isiah Thomas?

Anyone else following the continuing downward spiral of Isiah Thomas? Latest installment here, featuring a drug overdose and Isiah trying to pin it on his own daughter:

"It wasn't his daughter," Harrison Police Chief David Hall told The Associated Press. "And why they're throwing her under the bus is beyond my ability to understand." (Quote taken from earlier story here.)

Bill Simmons talks about the Tyson Zone, where a sporting personality becomes so unhinged that you would not be surprised to hear their name in connection to any farfetched story, true or not (founding member: Mike Tyson): is Isiah heading there too?

Topic #17843 | Report this topic

Quagmire  
Years ago

The Tyson zone- i like it.

Sort of like the Britany zone but for sports.

Sad about Thomas, especially if he tried to take his own life... just a game man.

Failure is a part of life man- deal with it just like everyother person on the planet has too. Everyone fails eventually. Look at MJ and his bobcats...

Reply #209346 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

How has MJ failed with the Bobcats Quagmire?

Watch out for them this year..

Reply #209350 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

DB5 - I sadly the only thing about the Bobcats that we well will be watching is the ping-pong balls next May

Reply #209352 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

To quote the sports guy-

'A series of poor decisions that left the team crippled for the foreseeable future? Let's see ... Adam Morrison over Brandon Roy, $27 million for Matt Carroll, $72 million for Emeka Okafor, $25 million per year for Gerald Wallace and Jason Richardson, trading for Nazr Mohammed's onerous contract, D.J. Augustin over Brook Lopez/Jerryd Bayless ...

No player on the team would or should be considered a franchise player, nor are there any potential ones.

Not sure what decisions were directly made by MJ but his fingerprnts have to be all-over this stuff.

Hats off to him if he does something to turn it around- reckon my hat is gonna stay on my head for quite a while.

Reply #209354 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

MJ has only been there since the '06 draft. Cannot be all of his fault.

He has been in charge for 2 drafts, signed a great coach (forget NY), re signed Okafor and Wallace, and traded for Richardson as well.
Mohammed
Okafor
Wallace
Richardson
Felton

with May, Morrison and Carroll off the bench (not sure if they have Boykins and Hermann anymore, TR?). Not too bad in the East.

I may be biased towards the GOAT, but Washington blamed him for all of their woes when he cleared heaps of cap room, and sold out every game for 2 straight years. Along with some dodgy trades mind you (Rip for Stack), but they were in a better position than when he got there.

Reply #209372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please lets just add Kwame Brown to this debate

Reply #209382 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

ha ha, I left that one out intentionally..I did mention dodgy trades...cheers anon

Reply #209388 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Its funny that this thread is meant to be about Isiah but within the first post, the discussion has gone to talking about MJ.

Anywho, if he doesn't take failing very well, imagine how he's gonna feel now after he tried to kill himself and he failed at that too?

Reply #209409 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

haha you know what Kwame said to him during the Washington's Predraft workout, "You'll never regret if you draft me"

I agree with Quagmire, Jordan really hasn't been that great with the Bobcats.

I do agree with MJ in getting J-Rich and Gerald though; I would've drafted May myself honestly, back in that year I was actually annoyed the Lakers didn't pick him up.

But the team need a long time veteran and what's really been going around is he ain't focused with his job, and Larry Brown made no secret of it. (btw good choice with Larry too)

Reply #209422 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

isiah was a great player in his day ..to bad his lousy GM, unlike his backcourt teammate classy Joe Dumars

Reply #209540 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

SVD....what's sad about that?

I know a place in Thailand where it's a hell of a lot of fun to watch ping pong balls.

Reply #209554 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:43 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754