D.Rose#1
Years ago

NBA league pass broadband available to Australia!

http://ilp.nba.com

I have purchased the season pass and just saw my Chicago Bulls beat the Bucks :)

Topic #17844 | Report this topic

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Michael Redd with yet another "I can score but not rebound or give assists" performance.

Seriously, either Skiles needs to teach him to actually do something apart from score, or the rest of the team needs to pick up their game to cover him.

Reply #209365 | Report this post

Bogut Fan  
Years ago

I just checked out the link you gave, and watched the demo. Looks good but when you subscribe can you make it fullscreen or does it stay in that small screen???
Adam #21

Reply #209374 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

When One Sport HD starts (April next year so not a huge issue) will this possible effect it? Is pretty cheap for the year pass if you have the access/time to watch games, ie dont work ;-)

BLACKOUT RESTRICTIONS

The Service may only be used and/or accessed from the allowable territories. Blackout restrictions may apply to the Service depending on the date of the applicable game, your location and local, national and international broadcast exclusivities.

Reply #209390 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I've got myself a login - anyone know if you are able to record/download the games to your PC someway? Surely there is a way?

Reply #209398 | Report this post

D.Rose#1  
Years ago

They archive the games so you can watch the replays if you cant watch them live.

And they will prob make the games on ESPN and HDone unavailable on the league pass...

And yes you can make it full screen.

Reply #209410 | Report this post

Bogut Fan  
Years ago

I'm getting my pass! Connect my laptop to my 50inch plasma and booya, Go Spurs!!!! :)

Reply #209416 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

theres a program you can get, but don't remember the name of it

Reply #209431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how do connect your computer to your TV?

Reply #209437 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

There are a few different ways, havn't looked into it in a huge way but have mucked around a little bit with a program called fraps which is just a screen capture/record program (audio and video) designed initially for capturing games but works well with media too. I'm sure there are better apps out there designed purely for recording streaming.

There is a p2p recorder for recording sopcast etc but I havn't tried it.

Reply #209439 | Report this post

D.Rose#1  
Years ago

So what ISP gives a large enough D/L limit so we can actually enjoy this. ATM I have 20gb which will allow me to just watch Bulls games every month..

Reply #209499 | Report this post

Adam  
Years ago

Right now, the link to the site is broken for me. Is the http://ilp.nba.com link not working for anyone else?

Reply #209502 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Anon- if you have a compatable TV you can connect it. Most of the LCD/Plasma tvs have a competer input, its the same as the plug that is in the back of your monitor.

Reply #209546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so who has bought this in australia?? does it work all the time..

goddam australia exchange rate

its goign to cost like 200AU! !!

Reply #209548 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

well i bought, but have had massive problems with lagging. it may be my computer but its pissing me off!

Reply #209651 | Report this post

bucks  
Years ago

I have unlimited cable and I get about the first 2 minutes great but after that it does nothing but buffer. Is there a way to improve this?

Reply #209714 | Report this post

SDU  
Years ago

i have it, with ADSL2 and 40 gig per month and its flawless. i had other ways of watching online before but this is by far the best!

hooked up to the 50 inch pioneer plasma... sweet!

Reply #209775 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

SDU, any idea on the amount of downloads/uploads it uses for 1 full game?

Reply #209777 | Report this post

diop  
Years ago

I just bought a daily pass just then and was trying to watch some replays...

but it buffers so much that its impossible to watch. im trying to find out if i need to forward any ports or anything..

im with OPTUS CABLE INTERNET

Reply #209803 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Reply #209809 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Yeah - i have it and it buffers like a ##########... Got to call my ISP next week to hopefully get it sorted -

Reply #209810 | Report this post

diop  
Years ago

hey Johnny_Sack

what ISP and what plan are you with??

i just think optus cable users can't run it.. unless its 512k

Reply #209861 | Report this post

stayfly  
Years ago

this is great but is there any reason why it jumps to half way through a game or right to the end when I watch?

is there anyway to watch from the beginning of the game?

Reply #209899 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

I'm in Japan diop... here's another thing i am confused with: the site says the recommended bandwidth is a minimum of 1mbps (with bandwidth needed from .5-1.0 Mbps - now Mbps seems to mean 2 different things, mega-bits p/s and mega-bytes p/s (which is it???)... I did a test and usually i get about 5,000Kbps (under the Mega-bit convention i should be okay - megabyte - i am stuffed)...

Slap Dash Effort Exhibit #1: The games are played on continuos loops - hence when you want to watch a game from the archive - you have to watch it from wherever the loop is at that point of time...

I get the feeling this was not very well executed by the powers that be...

Reply #209900 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Buffers like crazy for me at home on ADSL2+ but only buffers once a min or so at work on a 1.5 connection. Wish it was the other way around.

Reply #210066 | Report this post

Shep  
Years ago

Yep I am having the same buffer problem and am on ADSL 2 + ... plus the demo vid they show on NBA.com (http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/online.html) looks a lot different to the one you actually get when you sign up (ie ability to watch three games at once or have the one game as a floating window on the desktop) plus they are saying all games are direct from a HD feed. It doesn't look this way in the one we are getting. Maybe the international NBA Broadband is a different package to the local US one. Still ... it is a hell of a lot better than nothing at all :o)

Reply #210183 | Report this post

Sixers fan  
Years ago

I'm glad I only went for the day pass - doesn't work on my computer. Like other users it is blotchy amd impossible to watch. Im just using the audio league pass free on nba.com.
It is a shame we cant get the NBA TV League Pass on Foxtel. I'd pay $100 for it. It would be money for jam for the NBA as it's not like we can see them here or watch them live anyway. Why are we stuck with 2 games a week - it's a disgrace. The NBA has to do something about this. It should take a leaf out of the English Premier League book with five or six live games a week and the rest on viewers choice meaning you can select whatever team you want to see.
PLEASE bring the NBA TV League Pass to AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #210393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm also having issues with league pass broadband. It just buffers the whole time, unwatchable really. Paid for a full year discounted subscription too. Spoke to the live person chat rep. He mentioned to check in a couple of days. Saw this forum after I had the chat with the rep. Obviously, some have been having issues for weeks now!

I'll check in a couple of days. If it's still buffering, I probably just ask for a refund. He said that's possible.

What a shame. This would have been a excellent way to follow the start of the Laker dynasty!!!

Anyone else having much luck with this?

Reply #211305 | Report this post

Swish888  
Years ago

I'm also having issues with league pass broadband. It just buffers the whole time, unwatchable really. Paid for a full year discounted subscription too. Spoke to the live person chat rep. He mentioned to check in a couple of days. Saw this forum after I had the chat with the rep. Obviously, some have been having issues for weeks now!

I'll check in a couple of days. If it's still buffering, I probably just ask for a refund. He said that's possible.

What a shame. This would have been a excellent way to follow the start of the Laker dynasty!!!

Anyone else having much luck with this?

Reply #211306 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

having same problem where it is stuck on buffering. the specs say that you need a pc that runs at 2.4 ghz!! hardly any laptops are that speed below 2 grand and certainly nothing older than a year. surely they cant be serious with this speed requirement. im with iinet by the way

Reply #211468 | Report this post

Swish888  
Years ago

Hey Paul,

I'm with IInet too, with ADSL 2 speeds of around 5-6Mbps being 3ks away from the exchange. My machine has an E7200 C2D chip rated at 2.53 GHZ. In theory, all these should be sufficient ... in theory.

As I'm writing this, I'm trying to watch the replay NOH vs LAL game. Man, it's barely watched, buffering every few seconds. Real shame as been an excellent way to follow the game!

May ask for a refund tomorrow.

Reply #211724 | Report this post

gmoney  
Years ago

This is absurd. And an absolute joke. A league which supposedly prides itself on its worldwide marketing joins up with some horribly inadequate player (RayV?) which doesn't even have a real website and makes it unwatchable for every fan who forks over 100 bucks??? This is an OUTRAGE. This doesn't work. Maybe on some super-duper computer with some great connection, but on 90 percent of them (at least), it doesn't work at all. I've never had any problems with any types of transmissions in the past, and I use a lot. We should contact consumer groups. This is a scam.

Reply #211756 | Report this post

Markus  
Years ago

Hey everybody! I had the same problems as most of you (buffering every couple of minutes etc.). But one thing realy improved the strem. Try this: When you have the RayV Player running go to your task manager > process > right click on rayv.exe and set the priority to "above normal". Watched the Magic beat the Mavs yesterday without any problems at all. May work for some of you, too... You probably woun't be able to use any other programms while the setting is like this since the player eats up all of your CPU power.
Only problem I still have is that I have trouble when switching to fullscreen. The streams are fine in small screen mode but buffering beginns as soon as I switch to fullscreen. Anyone else got this problem? The support chat told me that this was impossible. But that's just the way it is on my PC...

Reply #212541 | Report this post

Maxx Power  
Years ago

Found this thread trying to find a solution to the buffering. It seems the main problem is with the RayV streaming servers. If you try to watch a popular game, or during peak hours, you will get buffering. If you try to watch the same game during off-peak hours you may find you can watch it without problems.

I have sent an email to both RayV and NBA support to ask for a refund. Last years setup was heaps better....

Reply #212602 | Report this post

GI JOE  
Years ago

I was told by the 'help' line last week that they are about to update the Aussie Server, so heres hoping there are no more issues.

Reply #212848 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Yeah - i bought it... wished i hadn`t - got a refund less a few bob... now happy... the continuous loop play is ridiculous.

Reply #212854 | Report this post

Christuffa  
Years ago

FORWARD PORTS 22556 and 22557 ON YOUR ROUTER TO YOUR INTERNAL IP. THE GAME COVERAGE IS NOW PERFECT, I WISH THEY HAD SAID SOMETHING SOOOOO MUCH SOONER.

Reply #213358 | Report this post

Christuffa  
Years ago

Sorry, make that 22556 to 22575

Reply #213359 | Report this post

Christuffa  
Years ago

...and forward them to UDP

Reply #213360 | Report this post

drew  
Years ago

what does that mean forward ports?

Reply #213364 | Report this post

Christuffa  
Years ago

I presume you have a modem/router. Go to portforward.com, and search for your router's model number. It will explain to you how to open the ports on your router and allow traffic on those ports to your PC.

A port is just a virtual path through your router from the internet to your PC. If the port is not open, then the traffic cannot get through, and the signal is disrupted.

Have you ever used a torrent program? If so, then there is a good chance you had to open a port to use that program.

Reply #213506 | Report this post

Jesse  
Years ago

When i try and join, it says that it is not available in my country, and quite clearly it is?

whats going on?

Reply #213766 | Report this post

swish888  
Years ago

Christuffa, did opening up those ports solve all problems (ie. you are now able to watch all games with no or limited buffering)?

How did you know it was those ports, out of interest?

I just canceled my subscription. Think the refund has been issued. Had I known this was a fix, I would have tried it first. Wish it was documented somewhere though.

Did you have to set the priority to "Above Normal" too?

Thanks.

Reply #213767 | Report this post

jimobrien  
Years ago

RayV is an embarrassment to NBA. With 2Mbps service I get 1.1 Mbps to broadbandreports.com servers in new york city right now but per rayv connection reports, only 28kbps to rayV servers. This is at 630 on a sunday morning EST. They apparently have some cheap hosting provider, are probably some x-NBA connected incompetents who don't know what they're doing, so they get to screw up the NBA brand globally. Over 100 tries in one month have resulted in 15 seconds of watchable video - pathetic - and each of these tries had at least 1mbps of speed to servers in NYC at that time. I'm on a top-end Mac and get streaming from many countries. How can such a major sports organization screw themselves and their interested viewers so badly for so long. NBA had a good system in the year 2000. Whoever is in charge of this area at the NBA should be fired.

Reply #225944 | Report this post

Drezafa  
Years ago

Hi guys I too have the same buffering problem with RayV. I have 8mbps connection speed (tested) although only 1.6GHZ processor (seems to work fine for everything else though).
I have yet to try mapping the ports or raising RayV priority in the task manager but I too will be asking for a refund. The online support is shocking. They fob me off with rubbish that doesn't work and I bet it's because the connection at their end is not sufficient for demand.

angry....grrrr

Reply #233146 | Report this post

Morts  
Years ago

I wish I had read this before I paid them. I am SO FRUSTRATED with quality/service provided with this playoff subscription. The buffering issues, for me, have gotten progressively worse by the day. It was BEAUTIFUL for the first couple days, and then it started buffering on the 4th quarter of my favorite games.... now I get nothing but RAYV error messages. Consulting with online help is pointless, they give you generic advise. It's almost like NBA basketball is forbidden in Australia... the coverage is so scarce, I just don't understand it. I would advise anyone considering getting NBA league pass, don't waste your money on this headache.

Reply #233203 | Report this post

al  
Years ago

wow..im really glad i read this before planning to sign up for 2k10...i will definitely make sure the service is worthwhile before i fork over the $$$

Reply #245997 | Report this post

brenden  
Years ago

anyone know if the 2010/2011 one has come out yet?

Reply #291319 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I don't think it has yet. If you click on the Intl League Pass Broadband link under 'League Pass' on the NBA home page, it just asks you to supply your email so they can contact you when the service starts up.

Has anyone else managed to sign up to League Pass for this season yet?

Reply #291322 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:06 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754