crazy24
Years ago

Julius Blog on hoops hype 27/10

Interesting read!

Definitely, I'm schocked and disappointed. I didn't make the regular season roster but you know, at the end of the day I gave it 100 percent. So at the start of the next morning I knew it would still be a bright day.

I spoke with Kiki Vandeweghe and he said I really improved and had a trade been made, I would still be on the team. He said that it pretty much came down to a numbers game in the end.

I still have a positive outlook of it. It was definitely a very good experience for me. I got my foot back on the door, I was almost right around the corner& Next time I would definitely have a better showing. I know I'll still have many opportunities out there for me.

I learned that I was going to be waived last Thursday afternoon. Coach Lawrence Frank told me about the bad news. I felt that I gave a 100 percent effort and he let me know that I was doing a great job. There was a situation of 15 guaranteed contracts and a trade wasn't made, so it left me in a position where I was not going to be on the roster.

After all, I always try to look at the glass as being half-full, not half-empty. That's my mindset. Half the guys on the team gave me a call or texted me after being waived, saying that they felt I should be on the team. They told coach Frank: "We need Julius Hodge on this team." But like I said, it was a numbers game.

I'm definitely happy with my progression. I got a lot better. I learned a lot and it has made me a better player.

My plans right now? I'm talking with my agent and I have received interest from two Euroleague teams, two ULEB teams and a couple of teams from Australia. I'm going through this process and we hope we make the best decision. Anyway, I'll make sure that there is an NBA opt-out clause in my next contract so if an NBA team calls me up for a 10-day contract or they want to give me a chance, there won't be any problems with me leaving and returning to the NBA right away.

The D-League route was an option but right now I'm focused on different options.

It's been a great ride. It would have been so much of a blessing staying on the Nets roster and being close to my friends and my family, but the NBA is a businesss and this was a business decision.

When I played an extended amount of time on the court against the Knicks, I think I showed my NBA talent. I felt very comfortable out there, running the team, calling out plays, playing good defense against Nate Robinson and Mardy Collins, and leading the team on a late rally in which we eventually came up short. The guys got heart, and I wish them the best this year.

I know I will be back. There's no doubt in my mind about that.

In the meantime, I will keep it blogging here.

Thank you, everybody.

Bye!

Topic #17858 | Report this topic

sushi cowboy  
Years ago

"you know, at the end of the day I gave it 100 percent"

can you waive cliches?

Reply #209512 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

sushi cowboy:
"can you waive cliches?"

If it worries you that much, it might be more effective if you posted your comment on his blog site. ; )

Reply #209522 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

At least he did not give it 110%

Reply #209531 | Report this post

Years ago

Just took it 'one game at a time.'

Reply #209536 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

I reckon D League would be his best shot at getting a 10 day contract

Reply #209542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon Europe would be his best shot at getting 10 a day ;)

Reply #209544 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

All 4 post since mine, almost guaranteeing that Jules will brush away any offers made by the 36ers.
Good work guys.

Reply #209551 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What are you on about?! You're not seriously suggesting that some tame jokes on here are going to influence any official decisions?

Reply #209552 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

All Hail the Power of the Interweb!!!!

Reply #209553 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

DD i just spoke to Julius and he was about to sign a 5 year deal with the 36ers until he read this forum.

I am sorry but i feel partly responsible for ruining the future of basketball in this state and country.

Reply #209556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kent dont worry about it, i just spoke to kobe and hes seen all the threads about how good he is on here, so i just got him to sign a three year, $200k deal with us *rolls eyes*

the webs not that powerfull....yet

Reply #209561 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

ba ha ha

Why doesn't it work to stop petitions then?

Reply #209562 | Report this post

asdf  
Years ago

dam, i knew the dragons would take him.

Reply #209588 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Julius...please come and play for the 36ers.

Ok fixed :)

Reply #209621 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

From my calculations I can't see any problems getting Jules into the points cap of 68:

Schenscher-10
Ballinger-10
Holmes-8
Cooper-7
Davidson-6
Maher-5
Winitana-4
Hill-2
Bruce-?
Tyndale-?

That makes us 52 + Bruce and Tyndale.

I assume Bruce would be less than 6, based on Loughton and Knight's initial ratings of 3 (we are lucky as hell that he never got drafted).

So that should leave us with room for a 10pointer import if Tyndale is cut.

That makes me wonder what Ninnis was talking about when he said they were choosing between (bruce+low import) or (gun import).

Reply #209623 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

My bad, fair call guys.

Reply #209624 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

XztatiK, the Bruce+import vs Import option was about money, not points. e.g., instead of spending $200k on an import and Kersten being in the 10, they might've spent $100k each on Bruce and Tyndale (just making these figures up to demonstrate) and pushed Kersten to 11th man.

Bruce, ex-college, would be a three. Tyndale, as a new, restricted player, a 10. If the club were to get a new import (though I don't think it will happen, personally), they could be a straight swap for Tyndale.

Reply #209627 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

BTW "me", good work. Brought a smile. : )

Reply #209666 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A smile isn't quite help getting a ticket to a Wildcats game though... ;)

Reply #209669 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Ahh ok, cheers Isaac

Reply #209683 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Isaac:
"A smile isn't quite help getting a ticket to a Wildcats game though... ;)"

*** DD stands perplexed, dressed in hatted green outfit, & 2 day stubble ***

I don't understand that last bit. ; )

Reply #209693 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I remember that.. DD and me, tickets for Wildcats game, last season.

I don't understand the points ratings....it's too hard to follow..
EG Tyndale I didn't think he was a ten..
Now there's no info to help
Starting to think ... scrap it.

Reply #209697 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Camel - correct. Surprised DD has forgotten as he was only talking about it just the other day. Here's 'me' commenting here.

Tyndale, like any incoming restricted player, is automatically rated a 10.

Reply #209703 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

We should start a thread with all the best ddfan, john, cecil and brad's comments. Surely it would be the most read, and laughed at thread ever..

I don't think I missed anyone there..

Reply #209704 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Isaac, I'm still not sure of the relevance, & interested that you should resurrect that thread.

Quote from that very thread: "This thread was indeed a joke. It flushed out the usual cockroaches, but also highlighted that there are some genuine people out there.
Nice work skud & especially Anon".

I also passed onto you about the thread about "me" wanting help with seating in Perth last year. Why haven't you brought that up?
I don't keep PM records, but it went like: if "me" has the balls to admit he was a tool, I'll shout him a beer. He wasn't alone, I was too.

If you other posters haven't caught up yet, Isaac & I have been mailing. Pity nothing sunk in.

Reply #209708 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

DD you have been back what a week now and are already starting to annoy.

Maybe best to go somewhere else and avoid all the anxst?

Reply #209712 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Kent, I hear what you're saying. I don't set out to annoy, but I have a few frustrations of my own, which I should be able to air on an open forum. I'm happy to wear the flak from bringing a differnet perspective to this forum. If you want everyone to agree on everything, then you're dreaming.
I see a consistancy whereby if I swim against the overwhelming tide, I'm seen as an annoyance. If I go with the majority when I deem appropriate, it's ignored. I don't have a complex over that, it's part of life.
I'd appreciate others having a similar point of view.

Debate, not fixhate. ; )

Reply #209718 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DD, that Perth-seating thing was exactly what I was bringing up.

You said: "BTW "me", good work. Brought a smile. : )"

I directly alluded to the Perth tickets incident and couldn't have been more obvious: "A smile isn't quite help getting a ticket to a Wildcats game though... ;)"

?!?

Reply #209719 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Maybe try not voicing your opinion on absolutely everything? keep something in reserve, you know always keep em guessing.

Reply #209720 | Report this post

Jer  
Years ago

you don't get it ddfan. people like EC and bake go against the flow quite often. people disagree with them but people don't ask that they leave the site every day. you ain't no maverick, you're just an offensive and schizo troll.

Reply #209721 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

DDfan, you don't just go against the tide, I think you deliberately set out to swim upstream with the Salmon!

Reply #209723 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Pardon my intrusion, I'm retired & have the time.
You guys on the other hand are supposed to be at work, but I'm not bleeding about that. ; )

Go 36ers.

Reply #209724 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I take my first trip over to OzHoops and I am shocked:

"Re: The 36ers - why aren't we questioning them
by DDFan on Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:24 pm

"isaac wrote:
DD, it's a forum and people will discuss the games, the players, the league, etc. Often that will (just as with your barely veiled jabs at a 36ers staff member or various members of my forum) include criticism. It's not unique to one player, team, topic, forum, basketball, or even sport at all. If you're largely incompatible with that style of discussion, don't read it."

You just don't get it do you?
It's called raking the muck, shitstirring, taking the p1ss. Whatever. Get over yourself. "

Oh no he didnt! Get over yourself?!?

:O

Reply #209726 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Guys, I'm available for PMs through OzHoops as DDFan, or personally at game nights in my usual seat.
Happy to discuss.

Reply #209730 | Report this post

Giraffe 80  
Years ago

no one contacted you last time and no one will this time. people don't want tea and a biscuit they want you to go away

Reply #209733 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:28 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754