Anonymous
Years ago

Hilarious Russel Hinder Interview

We need more character like this in the NBL. Hinder is often a dirty player but that dude is funny. Very funny on JR's podcast aswell a while back.

Skip to the 2:00 mark for the interview.

Topic #17860 | Report this topic

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Hogie sounds like Patrick from Spongebob!!!

Uncanny...

Reply #209586 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

The dude is happy just to get a pay check every week. I'd be pretty happy to.

Its a very different Hinder to the one we saw splashed across the news when the Firepower debacle was going strong.

I'm not a fan of Hinder, but I don't like seeing people going through the stress that he had to endure.

Good interview, very honest and refreshing

Reply #209591 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Was Hinder drunk? What a tool.

Reply #209597 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just emotional. I thought it was funny and refreshingly different to so many other post-game interviews.

Reply #209601 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

I've had the opportunity to work with quite a few NBL guys over the years and Hinder is probably the funniest guy I've come across - believe or not Michael Johnson (Falcons 80's/90's) was the other guy that comes to mind.

Rusty's an extremely hard worker and the consummate team guy. Not blessed with extraordinary talent he has nevertheless worked hard to achieve all he has (which is a whole lot more than most, if not all, of the posters here) but he wont take any shit from anyone (particularly deadbeat owners and he's had his share of those).

From my experience one of the nice guys of the NBL, a hard competitor (read dirty player if you are support the team he's playing probably) but you want him on your side every time. He's the guy you hate to play and the guy you love to have on your team.

Reply #209637 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ankles, I've heard the same - that he's a great team guy. Don't really get all those who dislike him so much.

Reply #209639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahahaha

Reply #209765 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Don't really get all those who dislike him so much."

I don't really get those who dont dislike him.

Seriously Isaac, have you never seen him play?

What about the NZ-Syd game last year when he initiated a tussle with Phillll Jones and proceeded to shout "I'll f***in' kill you c***"? Missed that?

He's an arrogant, dirty, antagonizing mongrel of a player and while my only personal altercation with him was calling him a wanker at the Dome, I honestly can't imagine him being a good guy off the court.

Reply #209769 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

XztatiK that's ridiculous. The way a player presents on the court is so often completely different to how they are off it.

I've known some of the most uncompromising, hard nosed and (sometimes) dirty players going around on the court who are some of the nicest blokes off it. Want examples?

Crusher
JB
Ben Hodges
the list could go on

Reply #209774 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Well he could be a nice bloke off the court, but as I said all I am going by is his on-court demeanor which is not great.

Reply #209818 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

Not sure how many here would come off as nice guys while being a called a wanker (with no right of reply) in front X,000 people while trying to do their job. Never happened to me so its hard to say but I've had bad days at work with a lot less stress!!

Reply #209880 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Actually I called him a wanker after the game, in front of only his teammates and about 10 other people, after he was finished doing his job, and he had the right of reply, which he used poorly.

Reply #209885 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:34 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754