Jick
Years ago

Councils, we need more courts in Eastern suburbs

Ive recently found out there is a survey that residents of burnside council area can fill out regarding building more indoor sports facilities in the area. obviously there are many sports that would be keen for such action, me im aboutthe ball. we should recognise theres a fairly short supply of proper courts in the east of adelaide. theres MARS, with its suspect overused courts, a couple of schools and the dustbowl at unley. i dont think demand is in short supply. im in one of the 42 teams that play on thursday nights at MARS and also hit up wakefield street on weekends with many others.

i reckon get on board and get the councils doing something apart from takin our trash

Topic #17915 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I agree the East side need more courts.
Perhaps NPSP (Norwood Council) should look into it also. Write to Mayor Robert Bria

Reply #210083 | Report this post

weneedcourts.  
Years ago

We had a Planner from the City of Mitcham come and lecture at Uni last week, and told us about how they recently installed a basketball court, with lights in a park in their council area.

One thing lacking in Adelaide is recreational activities for the youth of the city to be involved in after daylight hours.

They throw millions at campaigns to try to hault binge drinking etc amoungst youth... but cant see that there are few other choices availible!

I also go to the Wakefield Street courts, and there are minimum of 60 people there on Saturday and Sundays... imagine the atmosphere if THOSE courts were under lights.

Reply #210089 | Report this post

shirley schmidt  
Years ago

I was thinking you were wanting more Law Courts in the eastern suburbs, Obviously to trial all those migrating people from the far northern suburbs.

Reply #210114 | Report this post

leopard  
Years ago

here's a link to the survey site http://www.burnside.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=648&c=26127

Reply #210116 | Report this post

anonie..  
Years ago

Where is the new basketball court at Mitcham located?

Reply #210156 | Report this post

tmagz03  
Years ago

how about we get a petition going and send it in to kate ellis, the sports minister.
I think we need more courts all over adelaide, especially ones that have massive spotlights so we can play into the late hours of the night.

Reply #210160 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

There is lot's of space @ Mile End for a 24/7 b-ball court including night lights.

Take some pics of potential locations too and send to Kate Ellis.

Reply #210205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitcham new courts??? where??? when???

Reply #212494 | Report this post

Ace of spades  
Years ago

does anyone know where the new mitcham courts are?

Reply #212498 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:02 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754