Isaac
Years ago

Phill Jones cops one game suspension

Good news for the 36ers, bad news for the Breakers - Kiwi Phill Jones has been suspended for one game by the NBL after a striking charge involving Shawn Redhage. He will be forced to miss the Breakers game against the 36ers this Thursday.

Jones was charged with Striking after an incident involving Shawn Redhage in the Breakers-Wildcats game at the North Shore Events Centre on Thursday 30 October 2008. After reviewing footage of the game, NBL interim Chief Executive Officer Chuck Harmison decided to refer the incident to the Tribunal.

In a telephone hearing conducted on Monday by NBL Tribunal Chairman Ken Madsen, Jones pleaded guilty to the charge and received a one-match ban that will see him miss the Breakers' next home game against the Adelaide 36ers this Thursday.
Jones is scoring 15.2 PPG for NZ, off the bench, at 50% from the field, 48% from outside and 86% from the stripe - a dangerous weapon to take out of the game equation.

Topic #17917 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Yes that is great news for the Sixers as Jones usually kills us and makes their team not as strong off the bench.

Maybe the Basketball Gods have been good for us as Anstey should have gotten suspended for elbowing Maher however that wouldn't have benefited us. This time the only suspension in the league so far and he misses the game against Adelaide!

This means NZ have no one off their bench that is any good at offence. Also they have one decent player of their bench now and that is Dillon Boucher, the rest are average as!

We should really be looking to get a win this game!

Reply #210125 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Actually I missed Paul Henare from the bench but he is more defensive orientated with not much offence. He is a good player.

Reply #210129 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Leaves Behrendorff as their best offensive option off the bench actually. Tim had his season-best of 12 against Adelaide in the last game, but isn't usually that active. I think Tanner is back from injury, but hasn't really been played much yet.

Will be interesting to see how NZ adjust given that their remaining back-ups are rarely going to go for even 10+ points.

Reply #210142 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Davidson out of this game for us, injured. Will be missed, the way he played, sunday.

Reply #210148 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

is it his back again Camel?

Reply #210149 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Injured his stomach abductor muscle,on sunday.

Reply #210150 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Thats really bad news about Davidson :( I guess he would be a chance to play in the game if it was the only one for the week but I imagine he would be rested so that he could play against Cairns. Without Davidson we will probably lose as we don't have enough 3 point shooters then.

Reply #210151 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Come on Paora, step up for this one, surely.

A bit of Bruce and Burdon.

Might have a bit of a chance

Reply #210154 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

he hit me right in the nuts....

Reply #210252 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

I'm happy to see Jonesy out and im a Breakers supporter. I think it would be great to see Tom Abercrombie or Corey Webster play-They can both play at this level so im bemused why they don't get game time.
Abercrombie is 100% from the floor this year 2/2 FG and 1/1 3PFG with one insane 2-handed dunk
Webster deserves some game time for sure. The Man played for the Tall Blacks and scored 9 points against the Aussies in one game, yet he hasnt had a good chance to prove himself in the NBL yet.
So i think that with Jonesy out, it may give those two sme opportnities to show that they can play.

Reply #210280 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:54 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754