Anonymous
Years ago

NH: Best HD video camera to buy?

What is the best HD video camera to buy. I need to take video of our basketball games and wanted a cam that would be good with the fast movement involved. I'd appreciate your help.

Topic #17943 | Report this topic

Ricey  
Years ago

dont get one of them dvd ones and you will be fine... any of the sony hd cams or the jvc ones are pretty good i hear, not to mention the samsung cameras

Reply #210395 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

just be sure to get one that uses mini DV.

the guy in the store will tell you DVD or HDD is amazing and it will hold X-amount of hours etc, but that means you have to mess with the quality, and if you never get around to putting it on your pc, then theres nothing you can do. but with tapes, they can pile up over the years.

DVD is a bad idea, because the picture quality of dvd is reasonably poor in comparison to MINI DV, so if you buy a HD camera, but are recording on DVD, its pointless, its like recordiing a DVD to VHS, the quality is less.

I use Sony for work, but at a consumer level you cant go past panasonic, always great pics at reasonable price.

does that help?

Reply #210401 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Sony SR12 is a great HD camcorder. Can record to hard drive or memory stick. Great if you have a PS3.

Reply #210402 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

We have a Sony SR12 and it is brilliant.

Reply #210403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thanks everyone, will start doing some research!

Reply #210440 | Report this post

ExWhy  
Years ago

Ditto on the SR 12, farkin amazing to say the least..i use slomo for kids shooting actions to break it down...

Reply #210456 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

reason i said don't get dvd recorders is that you won't be able to get onto your computer, they have their own format and nothing plays those formats back yet

Reply #210468 | Report this post

SR10  
Years ago

Hi
I just bought went through the same thing myself. I bought a SONY SR10. Entry level of the High Def. It is a fantastic little machine. Great in low light too. Stay away from JVC as they have very very poor quality, if any quality, in low light. SONY is def the way to go. It also has a 40g hard drive with optional memory stick drive too. And if looks count, this one is a beauty.

Reply #210582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what $$ did you spend on the SR10? and where from?

Reply #210748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok everyone, we bought the Sony SR10. Absolutely awesome!!
But how do i save it to a dvd to watch on the dvd player. At the moment it is saving as ASCHD which i think is for a HD player (and we dont have one!)
Can you please help this newbie?

Reply #212960 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:02 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754