Quagmire
Years ago

Super Mario- How did they miss him?

Mario Chalmers goes no. 34 in the draft. Starts for the heat and scores 17 on debut with plenty of dimes.

Yesterday he set the Heat franchise record for steals in a game with nine. That is the second-most in NBA history by a rookie.

Need i remind anyone of the game winner at the buzzer in the NCAA final?

Now i'm not saying he has a huge upside. But can you tell me why a team like Charlotte would pass on center Brook Lopez to draft DJ Augustine?

They could of drafted the center to make Okafor a dominant PF (his actual position- which solves the GAPPING hole they have at the 4 right now) and still have grabbed Chalmers at 20 instead of project Ajinca.

Lopez and Chalmers?

or D.J and Ajinca?

Hindsight is 20/20 but this is a tremendous blunder.

Topic #17952 | Report this topic

SVD  
Years ago

People get "missed" all the time. Depends what teams want and need.

MJ can't draft - this has been proven. Kwame Brown and Adam Morrison come to mind.

Are you gonna spruik the attributes of any rookie that has 1 good game - Marc Gasol a couple of days ago, now Mario Chalmers.

Reply #210605 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Maybe.

Who's playing today?

Reply #210606 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Marreese Speights, Courtney Lee .... oh Rudy Fernandez - surely you like him.

Reply #210608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rudy fernandez is the fucking shit

Reply #210610 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Yeah, fan of the fern.

Whats the deal with Phi right now by the way?

Reply #210616 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:01 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754