Makes Me Wonder
Years ago

The Catt vs The Balls

Tonight got me wondering... in their respective primes, who would you rather have on your team... Catt or Balls?

Some of Catts better seasons:

06/07 (Cairns)- 24.4ppg, 6.9rpg, 50% FGs, 37% 3s, 86% FTs.

03/04 (ADEL) - 22.8ppg, 6.4rpg, 49% FGs, 44% 3s, 84% FTs.

And Balls:

07/08 (ADEL) - 22.5ppg, 8.1rpg, 54% FGs, 44% 3s, 77% FTs.

06/07 (WNG) - 21ppg, 9.1rpg, 58% Fgs, 48% 3s, 86% FTs.

IMO I think Ballinger has the SLIGHT edge over Catt, for his superior D and better rebounding. But it's mighty close.

What are other people's thoughts?

Topic #17969 | Report this topic

bluey  
Years ago

Balls for sure - less of a temper wins it for me - Cat is likely to punch someone

Reply #210849 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Key stats there: Rebounds and FG%

Balls for me.

Reply #210850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Balls would be my pick too.

Reply #210856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CAtt he has the X-factor also how can u compare an import to an aussie aussie will always take the cake
catt played in better teams so his stats are going to be lower also he spent some of his best years O/S

Reply #210869 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Balls for me,

better defender, always has been, always will be.

Not really fair to compare them though as they play different positions. And lets face it, no coach has really expected or given Cat big defensive assignments anyways.

Reply #210890 | Report this post

Herka  
Years ago

shouldnt championships decide how good a player is or was ?

Reply #210901 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

not to mention catt had balls, he was the guy who showed the emotion which would get the team going and on a roll... every good team needs someone like that

Reply #210926 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Fan of both but would pick Cattalini in his prime. More the type of player who would fire up and take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Reply #210936 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Catt had balls but did Balls have a cat?

Reply #210968 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:02 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754