mark
Years ago

over aged girls

is there a clause which bsa allows so that over aged girls can stay down and play in a comp? Because i reckon a club in the 18 girls 2 comp are currently running with 2 over aged girls. ie : Magic

Topic #17990 | Report this topic

Hangin Round  
Years ago

I very much doubt this would/could happen.
As much as I have little time for the club you mention, it is a heavy accusation and there is a channel to be followed, via your club secretary.

Reply #211115 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Because the summer season now ends *this* calendar year, juniors are still eligible for the age group they played in over last Winter season, where in previous years they would have had to go up into the next age group for Summer. If these girls were second-year U/18s over winter, then that's perfectly legal.

Reply #211117 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Mantis, you are wrong. Players must be of legal age for the competition they play in as of 31 December 2009. A top age U18 player turns 17 in 2009, so no U18 players will be 17 before the end of this year.

Your club secretary signed a declaration to this effect when they nominated the team.

Reply #211121 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

surprise surprise
if correct be surprise if any actions because surprise surprise

Reply #211126 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

LOL
Can remember playing U16 (years ago!) against a certain club (not Magic) and while we got dropped off by parents, most of their players rolled up in toranas with P plates.

Reply #211128 | Report this post

hood 39  
Years ago

Mantis you are just stirring us right? You don't actually believe that?

Looks like your club might have some rearranging to do!

Players always change age groups after winter. The fact that summer season is a couple of weeks shorter makes no difference.

Reply #211132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not called magic for nothing!

Reply #211133 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

First, I'm not a member/parent/whatever of the Magic. Just wanted to make that clear.

Second, my statement is based on by-law 2.3(a) of the Junior District By-laws (dated 15 Oct 2007), which states:

"To be eligible to play in an age group, a player must be under the age required on 31 December of the year in which the competition is to be completed."

I'm not aware of any change to this rule, hence my statement.

Reply #211139 | Report this post

flinders 93  
Years ago

Mantis you can spout off as many "facts" as you like, but the fact remains you are wrong.

Maybe a quick call to BSA can help you out there and clear up your misconception.

Reply #211141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mantis you would know if you contacted any club secretary the the summer nominations evoked that by-law.

Reply #211142 | Report this post

i know  
Years ago

many struggling clubs have been proven to play overage players.

sometimes it is not the club - i have known parents to forge the year of birth to make their kid stand out in an age grade or play in teh group that they want.

interesting fact here is magic will probably rule u18 div 2 grils with their current team.

most people could not give a rats if they are bottom - but when they look like dominating for the next 12 months......

Reply #211143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She said she was 18 your honour, i swear.

Reply #211160 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Mark,
I say put up or shut up.
If you have proof that the two girls in question are over age (ie not born in 92) and it is worrying you that much, then lodge a complaint with the club secretary.

A child born in 92 is typically in Yr 10, or is a young Yr 11.

Do your homework, hearsay is not proof!

Maybe they are just good players, although isn't there another club who likes to poach all the good girls?

Reply #211162 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

thought this thread was about MILFs !

Reply #211165 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

leave your mum out of it.

BTW: She says "do your homework"

Reply #211171 | Report this post

me2  
Years ago

Why dont you get your facts right first Mark. None of Magic U/18 Girls Div 2 are over age they are all born 1992 and I don't think you should be bad mouthing Magic or any club on this forum when you dont know what your talking about.

Reply #211187 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Is that u SPADGE?

Reply #211193 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Once again the so called people who run this forum let absolute morans bag a club. So much for saying you can not bag other clubs or write anything bad about anyone. All you people are total wankers and get your facts right before you put shit like this on forums in the future. What you dont understand that Magic is a club were all people involved enjoy basketball and like watching there children enjoy themselves at playing at district levels whatever div it is. It's about the kids having fun and learning the fundametals of basketball.

Reply #211195 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

So those two girls aren't starting their third Summer season in U18s? Then there isn't a problem.

Reply #211196 | Report this post

me2  
Years ago

If you would like to know they are starting their 3rd Summer season because they were actually playing in a year older age group then they should of - is that ok with you or would you like us to check with you before we do any within our club.

Reply #211197 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ANON, someone asked a question. Maybe it should've been asked of their club or BSA or the club in question, but they weren't rude or accusing as much as they were enquiring. The main responses have been on that topic (and disagreeing even about the general rules), making stupid jokes (not uncommon here for any club at all) or making general jokes about the topic title. If you want to dispute a specific post there is a "Grrr" link next to every item by which you can file a complaint.

Either respond to the question or specific points, file a complaint about the comments that are upsetting you, or carry on building a stereotype with comments like "all you people are total wankers".

Reply #211204 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

There's nothing wrong with moving up a year early, but it is unusual & attracts attention. You have to expect the question will be asked when players front up for their third year in a two year age group.

Reply #211206 | Report this post

overaged girl  
Years ago

I can relate.
With menopause rapidly approaching and near eyesight vanishing at the same speed I often feel like that.

Reply #211214 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Here Here Isaac,
The problem is that people ASSUME. It is human nature to fill in the gaps we have in our knowledge as or brains are un-easy with these gaps, however, when you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME.

Reply #211226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i know for a facted that norwood have this problem a few years ago they just let it go and were told by parents they talked to the player and there were over aged they left the club

Reply #211249 | Report this post

Wotever  
Years ago

Isaac, I seem to remember a topic a few weeks back regarding an U12 grand final team, there were some disgusting comments from Booga, a lot worse than ANON has said here, funny how you didnt pull him up on that.

Reply #211272 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Is that u SPADGE??

Reply #211289 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wotever, I don't remember that and I don't remember receiving any proper complaints about it. Might be wrong - there have been 15,000+ threads and 200,000 replies so I can't remember or read them all.

Reply #211293 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

ANON - what are you suggesting, that perhaps animals run this forum? The Dome rats? TAGHLAY

Reply #211297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I assume this thread is refering to #7 and #24 in the Magic team?

Reply #211403 | Report this post

Wotever  
Years ago

Yeah ok Isaac, LMAO

Reply #211404 | Report this post

Ostrich96  
Years ago

Not surprisingly for this forum, this thread has turned to **it. Here's a fact - 5 girls in the current U18's div 2 are currently playing their third summer season. When they formed the team they chose to play with their friends who were U18s. Their friends have moved on to an older grade and they have chosen to stay down - for this season anyway. These girls love their basketball and their club and it is no wonder their parents support them playing in the magic environment when they see all the whinging and politics of other clubs. This will be sorted officially - my daughter has been asked to provide proof to the association. Move on.
Continually disappointed that people feel the need to unnecessarily bag this club.

Reply #211405 | Report this post

adam  
Years ago

its funny that this mark bloke thought that only 2 girls were over age.. its only because those 2 girls probably destroyed wat eva club this mark repersents..
wake up mark...

Reply #211413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i am one of the girls you are accusing of being over aged! yes this is my third summer season in under 18 because when i started i was 13 and i am still the youngest in our team (ie. 15). And if you are accusing me and one of my team mates of being over aged, get your facts right and go straight to the club or BSA and not on chat rooms like this!!!

Reply #211414 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:51 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754