Andy
Years ago

Whats the average NBL wage??

Just wondering what the average salary is and also what some of the imports receive?? What is the max payment?

Topic #18012 | Report this topic

bluey  
Years ago

Is that you Chuck?

Reply #211343 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Depends whether you believe Seamus or not.

Reply #211344 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Players get from around $20k up to (my guess) $400k. Theoretical maximum is $175k unless it's changed. There'd be a glut of players in around the $50-120k bracket. Import salaries can vary from a minimum (I think there's a minimum these days around $100k? Anyone know for sure?) for new, unproven imports up to the top bracket for more proven players.

Some imports would've come in quite cheap, you'd guess - players like Gruber, Rychart when he first arrived, probably Redhage in his first year out of the SEABL, Ballinger in his Hawks days (AFAIK), etc.

Reply #211347 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

I thought the base rate was like $45k for non devlopment players?? that was a while ago I heard that, as in about 6 yrs ago. Have the rules changed??

Reply #211352 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

As you said the other day Isaac in another post, it depends on how the salary is set up over x amount of years etc.
LMAO @ Bluey- good call!

Reply #211355 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Gold bluey!

Reply #211363 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

This is Chucks idea of policing the Salary Cap.....

Reply #211373 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Import starts at 6 figures minimum. one of the import is been paid 300k this season to play (and no he's not from Victoria). development player is around 30k

somebody like Corletto would be around 60k while anstey makes about 125k a year. while last year mckinnon costed bullets LOTS of money under the table (eg. they bought him a fish and chips shop, a job for his wife etc)

Reply #211384 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

IMO, Anstey would not be getting "about 125k a year". My guess is around $380k.

Reply #211393 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

"while last year mckinnon costed bullets LOTS of money under the table (eg. they bought him a fish and chips shop, a job for his wife etc"

what the????
Sam wanted $400k again when he didn't have a diagnosis for his knee injury that kept him out for most of the season.
Now, Sam is playing well- I'm glad for him that his knee (and subsequent blood clots after that) is in the past, but he bought HIMSELF a pizza franchise and as for them getting his wife a job, that is bollocks!
(funny though...)

Reply #211395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the nbl minimum wage is 30k for rostered players. The maximum is supposedly 175k. There is no minimum for development players and they receive anywhere from 0 - 20 k. Usually about 10 K. The average player would probably be in the 50-80 k bracket dpeending on the club they play for.

Reply #211396 | Report this post

Ace of spades  
Years ago

i have to ask, does this salary include living expenses? or is this covered by the club, im talking places to live, cars, food etc etc

Reply #211398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not all clubs provide rent/cars etc. I dont think any club would be providing food.

Reply #211402 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

LOL, at the NZNBL. Imports there would only get a few thousand and get a Car,accomodation,golf memberships,gym memberships and free vouchers. Matter of fact, the Nelson Giants signed Phill Jones successfully. What lured him in was the Golf Membership at the local course-He is a big golf fan

Reply #211407 | Report this post

mitch ryan  
Years ago

i think they get fuck all cash. shit sport, even shitter league. suck me cunts.

Reply #401882 | Report this post

Clapped Out Hack  
Years ago

School goes back next week. Can't wait.

Reply #401887 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:33 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754