Sturty6ers
Years ago

Adelaide United vs Gamba Osaka

11 minutes in and they are already 1-0 down.

Topic #18017 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

36 minutes gone 2-0 down.

Reply #211430 | Report this post

edmundhillary  
Years ago

6-2 to win, lets do it!

Reply #211439 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Grand Final chokers it has to be said

Reply #211444 | Report this post

yuu  
Years ago

yea adelaide united are terrible. im ashamed to be from adelaide at the moment

Reply #211445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they made an asia champions league final u bunch of peanuts. look up and see what other australian clubs have?? NONE!!! U obviously know nothing about soccer.People that call teams chokers are .......

Reply #211449 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

From the first game they were outplayed across the field, no real surprise to go down again. Great achievement to make it to the Final.

Reply #211458 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

6-0 to Melbourne...now 5-0 in the ACL...

Reply #211461 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Adelaide performed EXTREMELY well to get to the final... but I was more than happy to take the $2.90 on offer for Gamba to win tonight. Not really sure why Adelaide were $2.20 favourites.

Reply #211466 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Odds were like that because Gamba could have played ultra defensive and gone for a 0-0 or low scoring affair and still won the final.

Adelaide were to play all out attack to make up the defeicit.

Reply #211486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am so sick of all the talk about how they are the first Australian team to make the Asia Championship Final.

Seems people are forgetting this is only the second year Australia has been involved in the tournament.

First of two is hardly an achievement worth the hype its getting. Seems to me a FFA media release mentioned it and all the lazy, boring Australian journalists have just jumped on it as a cheap and easy sound bite.

Great to see them there, but they were clearly out classed by a much quicker and skillfull team last night.

Reply #211495 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

So you are expecting an Aussie team to advance that far every single time? It was a great effort by United to make it to the final and yes they were beaten by a much better team come the final.

Reply #211570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon, you must be a Victory supporter. I bet my house no aussie clubs makes it as far in the ACL for at least a decade

Reply #211591 | Report this post

im so glad they lost maybe all the wogs will shut up now

Reply #211623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You both missed my point.

I have nothing against United nor the acheivement of making the final.

It just bugs me that everyone goes on about the fact its the first time an Australian Club has qualified for the Final. Well it's the second time that an Australian Club has been involved. What's the big deal about this being the first time, in two years.

If Australian clubs had been competing for 5 - 10 years or even more and United were the first then yeah build it up but I hardly think first time in two attempts is worthing of that line being used in every article, in every news broadcast and at least 5 times at Hindmarsh last night.

Reply #211644 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Let them have their publicity - wish basketball could get the same going for itself. I'd rather see soccer hype in the papers than more off-season stuff about the AFL, etc.

Reply #211651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon r u rebecca wilson - u coward

Reply #212024 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:39 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754