Rodney Carney
Years ago

Al Horford - Massive game

monster game.. 27 points on 9-18 shooting and a cool 17 boards to go with it. Guys a beast. Hawks now 6 - 0 to start the season. Team looked pretty strong even without Smith in the line up.

Topic #18020 | Report this topic

lockstock  
Years ago

They're benefiting from having essentially the same tea and same system as last year. I read somewhere also that they're defensive system is finally being followed and working a treat.

Horford is a good player, and I would expect to see games like that from time to time, but he is still not one of the premier big men in the game. If he can find some consistency to produce night in night out then it will be time to get excited.

Atlanta do look good, but they're not a contender. 1st round exit, maybe second if they're lucky I say

Reply #211479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have Horford in my fantasy team. Always good for 10 or so rebounds.

Atlanta and Portland could be very strong on 2-3 years time.

Reply #211481 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Lots to like about the hawks. I would have the celt and cavs in front of em still, but then an arguement could be made that if AI doesn't work in with Detroit, Hawks could be the 3rd best team in the east...

Reply #211487 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Didn't Horford have six blocks in there as well?

Reply #211494 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Yeah, I think after Boston and Cleveland the East is wide open. Detroit, Toronto, Atlanta and Orlando should be in the playoffs again. Philly are good on paper but haven't produced much yet. Miami and Chicago could push for a spot this year and Indiana are looking better too.

Reply #211507 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:41 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754