Anonymous
Years ago

Video: Magic Johnson Playing for Canberra Cannons

Check out this youtube video of Magic playing for the Cannons in a game against Michigan State in 2002. I never knew that Magic played a game for Canberra! Why did he do this, anyone know? There are also several other familiar faces on both sides to keep an eye out for.

Topic #18027 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

This was the anniversary match of the michigan state title. Old players v the current team

Reply #211546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

awesome

Reply #211548 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

Mike Chappell dunking on Adam Ballinger AND the foul!!!

how times have changed...

Reply #211613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If this was "the Old players v the current team" then why was Canberra playing? I don't understand.

Reply #211630 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

i think Canberra where touring the US at the time and due to the DT / Chappell ex alumni connection it all fitted into the schedule

Reply #211647 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Reminds me of the game 2 years ago? That Magic played with Michigan against the Globetrotters..I think he played for the Globetrotters..got it on tape somewhere...

Reply #211654 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

magic looks like he can still play, piss of tyndale and bring him in!!!!!!

Reply #211754 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

2 west adelaide bearcats played in that game...

Reply #211933 | Report this post

g  
Years ago

awesome

Reply #230009 | Report this post

Brett  
Years ago

not sure if it's been answered but Magic used to play for Michigan State so he was playing against his old alumni. Was a great exhibition match that canberra won in the end
r.i.p cannons

Reply #247988 | Report this post

Simon  
Years ago

Thought you might be interested in this;
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200586845510

Reply #311691 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:06 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754