Ricey
Years ago

The Knicks - The Return?

The Knicks seem to be making a big turn around from the last few years. Now on a 5-3 record, and showing massive signs of improvement, and getting a lot of production out of their young prospects. Not to mention finally playing as a team (without Marbury). Looks like all it did take was a coach change up and Marbury off the court. What does everyone else think?

I can see Knicks making it to playoffs this season, but probably getting stuck in first round. Once Marbury has gone along with cap space being made a bit more available, the Knicks will be a couple signings away from championship contention.

Lets not forget Curry has been out of action, and Gallinari is off the bench as well.

Topic #18034 | Report this topic

Skink  
Years ago

its good too see the knicks off too a good start, but i think play offs is pushing it. dont get me wrong i hope it happens,im a massive knicks fan from way back.New coach was the move everyone was screaming for , just need that marquee player to lead the young ones and things can only go up.

Reply #211693 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Anyone see their 3 point shooting stats today? Over 50% with 3 players going perfect. Chandler, Mini Nate and someone else. D'Antoni really does love his offence...if they can put it together defensively dont be suprised if you see them in the middle of the playoff 8 at the end of the year.

Reply #211698 | Report this post

Years ago

Being a longtime knicks fan through the hard times... this better not result in a bunch of bandwagon jumpers... WE DONT WANT YOUR SUPPORT!

GO KNICKS! :)

Reply #211727 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I am pleased to see the turnaround right now. However it's only early days and opposition teams will still be trying to work us out.

I'm not getting too carried away yet and it's too early to think potential playoff action.

I think we'll have a harder time in the Feb-playoffs part of the season to lock-in 7th or 8th place.

I'm happy with my Knicks team revival.

I shall continue to wear my Knicks cap to the 36ers games and around town on weekends when I go out.

Reply #211743 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Jeffries will be a bonus when he returns.

How bout coach D's ability to get the most out of guys?! Diaw in Phoenix, now he unearths Chandler in NY and the dude is playing his guts out.

Expect some more deals to be made before the deadline, though i don't think they will move steph- his cap releif is just too valuable. Look for them to move Curry though- he is still just yong enough for another team (hello Spurs) to take a punt on him.

We may see K Thomas back in knicks blue which would be awesome, he and coach D have history too.

Rookie Gallinari will need to get some real fitness, you gotta love how the coach sticks to his methods. Not fit- don't play. Last name Marbury- don't play.

Reply #211759 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

lol like the last bit there quagmire lol

i don't want jeffries on the team, way overrated if you ask me. much better small forwards out there who can take his place.

Reply #211903 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'm not a fan of Jefferies and consider him over-rated.

My Knicks cap shall make another appearence this weekend.

Reply #212000 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:52 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754