Dr Bullshit
Years ago

Whats wrong with the 36ers?

I know this has probably been mentioned in other topics but i feel it deserves one of its own. High hopes before the season started, 3rd in betting for the championship. A 4-7 start with the best roster assembled in a fair while.

Having seen only 2 games this year (both wins) I just want to know what everyone thinks are the major issues...

(no stupid comments like "Tyndale is shit" or "Coach isnt up to it" please)

Topic #18038 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

the point!?

Reply #211717 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

They lack fire and desire and the tenacity on defense championship teams have.

Reply #211720 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Totally agree david, I also think we lack a fluid offense lately..

We seem to do alot of standing around, with very little movement off the ball, but without any desire and tenacity on the defensive end this doesnt make much difference. Without tough defense, having a fluid offense wont matter because we will be giving up stacks of points...

Someone needs to step up and do the hustle plays, play tough, dive for the loose balls etc. and do the little 1% things to get some emotion back into our game!

Reply #211723 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

What happened to the hopeful Winitana who was dropping an average of 25 pts per game in the pre-season comp..... The whole team lacks confidence!

Reply #211726 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

Maybe Breheny to do a bit a bit of work with Scott, with this group.

Reply #211728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just have a look at how many players and coachs we have from last year. and how much time the whole team has played together. i didnt see much of the game but the turnovers i saw where from players not knowing where there team mates are. once they start to gel they will be the team to beat in the comp.

Reply #211734 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Of course anon, the famous 'gel'. About 6 weeks or so, isn't it?!

Reply #211740 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Corey, I'm not sure that he's been given much of a green light to shoot. In six games, he's attempted 20 shots - that's little more than 3 FGA/g. Could be that the focus is on getting the ball inside to Ballinger and Schenscher and Winitana hasn't had consistent chances to do what he did in the pre-season?

Reply #211765 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:24 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754