Portal to the...
Years ago

Sturt's ABA Line up

Can someone enlighten me. Also, apart from Oscar (who really isn't a true big man) do they have any tall guys like 6'8, 6'9+ ?

Topic #1804 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think many teams have any guys 6'8, 6'9.

Reply #20472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting. How many non-NBL current or past are 6foot8, 9 or above and playing ABL?

Reply #20474 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

In the other conference's you'd be very suprised.

Reply #20477 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Finkemeyer is around Oscar's height I think. (Or "Fingertipmetre" if you're the confused South announcer.)

Reply #20489 | Report this post

Portal to the...  
Years ago

Hmm... I have been watching too many Forestville games then, where there was 3 people 6'9 or up

Reply #20497 | Report this post

choc wheaten  
Years ago

i think oscar is taller than finklemeyer, he looks like it anyway cos oscar is long and thin and finklemeyer is massive. sturt has the biggest bunch of misfits this year ever. humpa, mark banana man bauer, skinny boy benson and marcus i dont look like a basketballer hackendorf make it interesting to watch next to regulars bauer, oscar, gower, martin, blah blah blah

Reply #20507 | Report this post

Portal to the...  
Years ago

choc wheaten:

Please think before you post so other people can understand it :)

Reply #20512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have Mark Paget, he is something like 6"7 (just a guess). Choc Wheaten - i agree, you dont make ne sense.

Reply #20531 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Graeme Anstey (excuse spelling), brother of Chris, was around the 7-foot mark as an ABL-er and never played NBL. Don't forget Dixy is around the 6-9 mark too.

There's plenty around in the ABL, but not in the Central Conference. Heck, Zane Reeves is a big man here!

Reply #20532 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think that Choc Wheaten was laced with something?????

Last time I heard anything like that was when I dealing with a person that had just stuffed 4 lines up his nose, and bashed his mate....

Reply #20534 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

People are comparing other conferences.

The Big V last year had at least a couple of seven footers - Jason Eversteyn, Tim Faulconer and then lots of real genuine 6'10+ guys - Willie Simmons, Matt Smith, Ray Borner, Richard Anstey, Darren Holness etc.

SEABL had guys like Graeme Anstey, David Pennisi, Ben Jones, Sam Harris, Nik Mirich.

Not sure about Waratah and Queensland.

Mind u, quit a few of these guys couldn't play! Still, there is plenty of genuine height around if you want to go get it.

Reply #20540 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Ray Borner's still playing? The great Ray Ray, first Australian to be NBL MVP. Aaah, the good old days of the Boozeless Giants and the Bera Babes. Am packing up my house here for a big move to Mount Gambier and came across an unopened pack of 1988 NBL Champion North Melbourne Giants cards, together with championship stickers. Those were the days .....

Reply #20547 | Report this post

old_balls  
Years ago

Because of Oscar's reasonably successful NBL season so far, I would not be suprised to see interstate clubs or even overseas clubs chasing his services for winter 2005. With the salary cap in effect now in SA, a lucrative deal may be tough to pass up. Sturt should be feeling nervous, as their ABL season would be in trouble without him.

Reply #20573 | Report this post

Frank Drebbin  
Years ago

M. Bauer
P. Bauer
T. Gower
A. Benson
M. Humphrys
M. Hakendorf
D. Shepherd
T. James-Martin
T. Finkemeyer
N. Vaughn
T. Smythe
S. Breheny
M. Paget

Reply #20574 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

Portal to the...
Your humour and good graces enrich this forum like no other

Reply #20587 | Report this post

Frank Drebbin  
Years ago

Sorry I forgot O. Forman out of the above list. Sorry peoples

Reply #20598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ray ray is playing at Warrnambool, very very late trail in O tranisition

Reply #20760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hasnt Oscar already signed with sturt for this abl season?

Reply #20935 | Report this post

N$W $UCK  
Years ago

There may be another Frank?????

Reply #21075 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:26 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754