Johnny_Sack
Years ago

The Great Anthony Morrow - 37pts???

Only on a Don Nelson coached team.

Undrafted free agent goes off for 37 points / 11 rimbalzi.

I think that is the top points output for a rook this season - or did Mayo outdo 37pts (since he has been filling it up of late)???

Regardless - impressive for a no name...

Topic #18069 | Report this topic

nino  
Years ago

Man the fact he played 42minutes as a rookie is impressive enough! 15-20 isnt going to happen again i wouldnt of thought, if it does, watch his stocks soar on fantasy hoops!

Reply #212274 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Highest score for a rook this season. OJ hit "only" 33.

Reply #212275 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Highest by an undrafted rookie in NBA history suprpassing Marquis Daniel's 33 points filling in for Steve Nash in his rookie year. Its well known Morrow has a sweet stroke they just decided to run some plays for him and he kept hitting the shots....and the rest is history.

Reply #212277 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Johnny Sack, you beat Quagmire to it! I was expecting him to create a new thread on Monday suggesting Anthony Morrow will be ROTY :P

Reply #212287 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Its also unusual for Nellie to give rookies serious burn unless he sees something special.

Reply #212299 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

But it`s not unusual for weird and wacky things to happen on Don Nelson teams... What does Monta say???

Reply #212384 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

thought Wilt had highest Rookie score of all time? or doesn't it count as it was back in ABA days

Reply #212475 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

If I was Marco Bellinelli i would be pleading with Don to give me some burn. Marco deserves to play--I'm sure that he could do some serious damage in the NBA if he got some minutes.

Reply #212501 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

'Undrafted' rookie Ricey. There are rumours Bellineli might be heading to the Nets so Morrow could see some consistent burn this season.

Reply #212542 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:42 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754