Kent Brockman
Years ago

Bogut ejected against the Celts

from NBA.com

"With the Celtics up 82-81, Pierce hit a jumper and Allen hit a layup for a five-point lead, but the Bucks came back without Bogut, who hit a layup and went hard into Garnett.

Garnett appeared to make contact with Bogut's face with an open hand, but officials immediately stepped in, assessing a double technical as Bogut and Garnett continued glaring at each other with 3:58 left.

"I tried to be aggressive and duck in when I could,' said Bogut, who called the resulting ejection a tough play, but declined to criticize it. "We had a chance to beat them.'

After officials conferred, the call stood and Bogut, who finished with 20 points, was ejected for his second technical after picking up one 5 minutes earlier in the quarter on a staredown with Leon Powe.

"I didn't get an explanation other than he was getting a second technical and getting thrown out,' Bucks coach Scott Skiles said. "That's not the time in the game where I can get too caught up in it.'

Topic #18084 | Report this topic

SKUX101  
Years ago

Mr. Stern's favoutite team must be the Celtics!
Nah but seriously I felt Bogut or KG shouldn't have got a technical on that play. They stared each other down.!!??...This aint tiddliwinks(spelling..??lol)
I really think the NBA is trying too hard to eliminate the physicality of the game, and yet it's the physicality which makes the game so exciting. Look at the incident with Nash,Alston,Barnes etc. last week! It wasn't really much. I think Technical's were approriate then, but the suspension on Nash was unnecessary.

Reply #212613 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah Bogut got hosed on that call. I watched the game and I was pretty annoyed, because it was the first time I'd seen Bogut play well against the Celtics. At most it should have just been a double foul with Bogut shooting his 2 shots.

Would have been nice to see him play out the game and to see if his presence could have changed the result (Bucks lost in OT).

Though I am a Celtic fan it was heartening to see Skiles has finally got the Bucks playing hard and scrapping for everything. If they could just start doing a better job of exploiting their offensive weapons (perhaps when Redd gets healthy) I think Bogut will really benefit.

Obviously he is never going to be a marquee post player like Al Jefferson or Howard but if he gets the opportunity to play guys one on one close to the basket, he can be pretty effective against most opponents.

Reply #213322 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:37 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754