breaklamp
Years ago

KG suspended for striking Bogut

Kevin Garnett of the Boston Celtics has been suspended one game without pay for striking Milwaukee Bucks center Andrew Bogut in the face. In addition, Bogut's Foul that was committed on Garnett has been upgraded to a Flagrant Foul Penalty One and he has been fined, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.

Tried to find this video on ESPN. Anyone see what happened or have footage?

Topic #18096 | Report this topic

DJ Rod  
Years ago

wow - i can't believe Bogut's foul got upgraded!!! he just brought his arms down in his shooting motion. Bogut got blocked on his first shot attempt by Garnett, so he went harder the 2nd time.

Garnett threw a slap/punch with his left hand.

Bogut did have 20/9 until then and the Bucks MAY have won the game if he had stayed in the game.

He was ejected because he had a 'stare down' with Leon Powe earlier in the game! Good ony Boges!

Reply #212742 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

This is crazy and over kill! I watched the game and was amazed he got called for a flagrant in the first place! He just went harder the second time up and it was the follow through that connected with Garnett. Garnett was playing dirty at the time and looked to me like he deliberately slapped Bogey in the face.
To get an upgrade is plain stupid by the NBA.

Reply #212744 | Report this post

JV Coach  
Years ago

Didn't Kobe Bryant cop two suspensions in the past for striking a defensive player in his shooting follow through?

I haven't seen the bogut incident, is it similar to the kobe ones?

Reply #212745 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

Same old same old. Call the first foul and its over and done with (that'd be the one on Bogut's second shot where KG has him by the elbow) - footage available through espn comments link and on youtube (sorry, don't know how linky works). As for suspensions and fines, I'd have thought 'settle down boys' might probably have sufficed!

I still can't work out what Bogut did to earn a second T - apparently the ref who called it is a rookie and may have jumped the trigger when he saw 2 7'ers make contact?

Reply #212747 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

Hopefully link works!

Reply #212749 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

sorry, should of been content in my ignorance

Reply #212750 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

anyone got the link??
or am i blind

Reply #212755 | Report this post

breaklamp  
Years ago

Just found a link on ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3709443&categoryId=2459788&n8pe6c=2

Reply #212762 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

ankles - Bogut got a technical earlier in the game for starting down Powe. This was his second technical, thus ejected.

Both highly dubious.

Reply #212763 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I still don't understand how Bogut was called for the T in the first place, now it's been upgraded? In fact, how can you upgrade a technical foul to a flagrant?

NBA is a joke.....

Reply #212766 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

That is correct, it is a joke. And is it just me or does every game seem to go about 6 hours long? Well it sure seems so and very hard to watch in total. Refs give the impression they are God's gifts, but some of their calls astound me.

Reply #212780 | Report this post

breaklamp  
Years ago

You get a tech for staring at the opposition??? Ridiculous. David Stern just abusing his power and trying to change the game too much. The rivalry and intensity of the players is part of the NBA. They arent robots.

Reply #212796 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

The power of the NBA people lately has been a joke.

We've seen it lately with inconsistent fines and suspensions.

Bogut being upgraded to a flagrant is a disgrace.

Reply #212841 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

KG's my hero.

Reply #212852 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:25 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754