Barry Bonds
Years ago

Al Harrington to the Knicks

According to the NY Post, the Knicks have aqquired Al Harrington from the Warriors in exchange for Malik Rose.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11212008/sports/knicks/walsh_cuts_a_deal_for_an_old_favorite_139971.htm

Topic #18140 | Report this topic

Barry Bonds  
Years ago

Sorry, the Knicks have traded Jamal Crawford, not Malik Rose as previously reported in the NY Post.

Reply #213340 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

My source is also telling me that the Knicks just got rid of Randolph and Collins to the Clippers for Cat Mobley and Tim Thomas......

Reply #213341 | Report this post

Barry Bonds  
Years ago

Yep, that is being reported on SI's website.

http://linky.com.au/lrhkj

What a day for the Knicks, see their two best players traded while getting still some decent parts in return, while more importantly really setting themselves for that huge cap space in the Summer of Lebron (no mention Wade, Bosh etc).

Reply #213342 | Report this post

Barry Bonds  
Years ago

Sorry, should read (not to mention Wade, Bosh etc.)

Reply #213343 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

im a knicks fan so next season is our year???

Reply #213344 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Keep an eye on a Clips/Bobcats deal........

Crash for Kaman...

Reply #213351 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

No 2010 is your year

Reply #213353 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

ESPN.com is reporting that the Knicks have agreed to trade Jamal Crawford to the Warriors for Al Harrington, to go with Mardy Collins & Zach Randolph heading west to the Clippers for Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley.

Read More

This is almost certainly a move for the 2010 free agent period, with Crawford being one of the best performers under D'Antoni so far this season.

Reply #213356 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

sets them up with a young core group which will surely bring in some more younger players and in 2010 an All Star or 2... don't think that the team won't be competitive during the next 2 seasons either

Reply #213366 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Go the Knicks.

i'll be wearing my Knicks cap to the 36ers game tonight.

Reply #213369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knicks will suck! Harrington is way over-rated and lazy. Tim Thomas? whats he one in the last 5 years, but sit on the bench? Cuttino Mobley?

duhon/robinson
mobley/roberson/ewing
richardson/chandler/jefferies
harrington/gallinari/rose
lee/curry/james

Better hope they get LeBron cause they'll need him!

Reply #213793 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

As both a jazz fan and a follower of the knicks, i'm stoked.

Knicks will suck for two years before LBJ arrives and then be a solid contender for a decade.

In the meantime my jazz have the first round pick from the knicks either this year or next.
(2010 is unprotected so the jazz could land a top 3 pick to build on the still young D-Will/Booz connection.)

Win win baby.

Reply #213806 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Quag, do you think Boozer will resign with the Jazz???

This may sound weird, but I'd expect the Knicks to make a run at him. I expect for him to take his player option for the 09/10 season and become a unrestricted free agent with the big boys in 10/11.

There are a lot of decent teams that are going to be way under the cap in 10/11, and realistically, there is one 1 team that will get Lebron, 1 team that will get Wade and 1 team that will get Bosh, leaving a truckload of cash needing to be spent be the teams that miss out.

Reply #213812 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Yeah look, i really would like to see us keep him but the issue really is, we can't afford Booz, Okur AND AK-47. There is a lot of speculation booz will be the one to leave but don't doubt his relationship with D-Will... i'm sure a lot of GM's note how his scoring depends on the dishes D-Will serves. I don't see him as a max type player, i think he needed to do more in the play-offs to warrant that type of deal.

Put it this way, if the bobcats wanted to swap Okafor and Booz i would sign it.

We could accept the loss of a few points, the gain of a post defender would be just the tonic.

Reply #213830 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:45 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754