Anonymous
Years ago

Can Hodge win POTW?

Game 1: 26 pts (12/25), 13 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 block, 1 steal
Game 2:27 pts (11/21), 8 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 steal

Average:
26.5 pts (50%), 10.5 rebounds, 6 assists , 1 steal

Based purely on stats, Hodge would be close to winning POTW.

Sixers lose both games so it must count against him (I think he'd win POTW if they won both games)

Is there any other contenders?

Topic #18150 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

Jingles, Bruton, Penney, Homicide, Ellis.

Not too much competition this week. Jules should win it despite the losses IMO.

Reply #213452 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Bang on the money.

If they had won, other players wouldn't get a look in.

Still reckon it's Julius' week.

Reply #213460 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

Ballinger would have to be in with a shot also, he played great both nights, just wish they had kicked it inside more when he had the mismatches.

Reply #213463 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

An individual's performance does not change regardless of whether the team wins or loses. Therefore the worthiness of the award should not change either. Ballinger was equally as good. One will take away from the other.

Reply #213474 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

EC again you make a silly comment.

Of course the teams result makes a difference to the POTW, what's the point in scoring 50 if the rest of your team scores 10 and you lose?

No doubt Hodge had a great week but we lost both games.

In saying that I think Hodge will win it this week because there has been no-one else that really dominated. Maybe Penney.

Reply #213486 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Buzzy, depends how they judge it. Normally though they seem to favour players from winning teams, but then they also like to spread the award around which will work against Penney.

Reply #213487 | Report this post

Grote 34  
Years ago

hehe, buzzy

Reply #213495 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Buzzy (Bizzy) its called Player of the Week not Team of the Week.

Reply #213503 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I kinda agree with EC there. I think some individual awards take win% into account a bit too much these days (NBA MVP, AFL All-Aus team). I just hope they don't see Hodge's arrival as something that has disrupted the team.

Reply #213516 | Report this post

STAT  
Years ago

How can you say that winning doesnt matter?
Stats are not the only thing to take into account here. Penney has been raking in the awards not only because of his stat line but because he has been leading his team to victory. When Luke won the award did we win? YES!!!
Xztatik i dont know if you follow the Race to the MVP article but they take wins into account.

Reply #213532 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Goorjian spoke very highly of Hodge, at the press conference, shown on ch7 news.
' Brings the crowd into it, and backs it up. Good for the league.'

Reply #213555 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

reckon CJ is looking good for POTW.

20 points, 4 boards, 6 assists, 1 turnover,
75% from the field, 60% from the 3point line,
100% from the foul line.

Reply #213560 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Xztatik i dont know if you follow the Race to the MVP article but they take wins into account."

That's what I'm saying, I think they give win% too much importance for an individual award.

Reply #213580 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bizzy, sorry, autocorrect on iPhone!

Reply #213597 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

25/9/6. Last season.

Reply #213598 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Considering Kirk Penney can win POTW solely on Scoring potential; and you have Hodge with scoring power, assists & rebounds... yeah, the man can easily win POTW.

If Hodge had been here same time last year, he could have easily become a League MVP.

Sixers = Best Front court in the league.

Reply #213658 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:02 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754