curtley
Years ago

Would you trade Bogut for....

In a straight centre for centre swap right now would Bogut be the better catch in a swap for:

Andres Biedrins,
Emeka Okafor,
Big Z,
Greg Oden,
Marc Gasol,
Eddy Curry,
Kendrick Perkins,
Marcus Camby,
Shaq?

I would say the opposing team would accept all of the above trades minus maybe Okafor and Biedrins.

Topic #18163 | Report this topic

david  
Years ago

The only people Milwaukee would trade for are Beidrins, Oden, Gasol maybe probably not a old person without an expiring contract Gasol and Oden as they are young but still Bogut still needs to develop a bit as he is still only 23.

Reply #213618 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Oden. No way Bucks would be better with any of the other guys.

Reply #213619 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Oden will be better than Bogut

Reply #213623 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Andres Biedrins and Oden for me.

Biedrins is having a great year, and age is similar to Bogut.

Reply #213628 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Yep, I reckon Oden is the only guy I would take if I were Bucks GM (and that would be a bit of an injury risk too I think). Bogut is fifth in the league in rebounding at the moment and ahead of guys like Bosh, Brand, Duncan and Yao.

Early days I know but his form is very good.

Reply #213629 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Biedrins and Oden would be it.

Bogut's last three games on the boards: 20, 17, 17...

Reply #213634 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Oden could turn out to be a better player, but he could be haunted by injuries throughout his career. The recent sportsguy article about him is interesting reading.

Gasol is an interesting one. Seems to be putting up pretty good rookie numbers in Memphis. 12 and 7 so far in just under 30mins a game.

I think Biedrins has less potential than Bogut. He is a solid double double but not much more than that. Bogut has the potential to be an allstar, I dont think Biedrins will ever get close to that

Reply #213651 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

why would you even get rid of Bogut... he is dominating at the moment and is only going to get better... maybe next player to average 20 boards a game??? not to mention puts ball in the basket and pulls out some nice passes... he is probably one of the only complete big man around at the moment in the NBA

Reply #213742 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

I find it interesting Bogut to me can be All Star East Centre calibre behind Howard as there arent really any legit East Centres that are kickin ass. Bogut just isnt fed the ball enough he has a nice back to the basket post game so if they gave him the ball I reckon he would be more effective than say a Redd who takes 25 shots a night for his 20 points, and 40mins.

Reply #213755 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Straight up, without thinking, the only one on that list I'd take is Oden. Beans would be let's chat. The others, forget it.

If I was a GM there are some questions I'd want answered before doing a swap.

Would Bogut be as effective as Big Z on the Cavs roster. Z gets a lot of points on midrange jumpers. Bogut isn't flash in that area. The spin-off is that Bogut is way more mobile and he would feed of Lebron's drives as he sucks the defence to him leaving Bogut free on the weakside. Bogut has better hands than the majority of bigs.

I think the Cavs say yes. Bucks get short changed.

Okafor.... terrible on offence, but makes up for it on the defensive end. It seems the Bucks are struggling on offence these days. Okafor is the Cats cornerstone. I don't think either team does this, and neither would I.

Beans.... GSW laugh at the Bucks for offering this. Beans is just as good as Bogut. Beans is a tonne cheaper as well at a flat $9 mill for the next 5. This is something to discuss. Straight-up I'd say no, but in a bigger package, I'd seriously think about it.

Marc Gasol... nope. Too early to predict with Gasol on how he'll pan out. Year to date has been great.

Curry..... pffffttt....... be serious.

Perkins... nope, the guy is a below average centre on a great team. Doesn't have much skill outside of rebounding.

Camby.... nice and tempting, but I'd pass. Getting on in years and is only good for around 70 games a year.

Shaq. refer to Curry.

Reply #213758 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I'd definitely take Okafor if I was the Bucks.

Reply #213770 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The only thing Okafor does better than Bogut is block shots. He's a great weakside/rim defender, but his straight up man-on-man isn't the greatest. I'd stick with Bogut.

Reply #213771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut potential all star? I dont think so! I remember a post on here about the warriors being retarded for signing Biedrins to a 6 year 55mil deal. Its alot cheaper then what Bogut's getting. In my opinion Bogut will always be an under performer and Biedrins is improving out of sight! The Bucks biggest mistake was drafting Bogut ahead of Chris Paul and Deron Williams!

Reply #213796 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, at that time of the draft the Bucks had zero reason to draft a PG. They where in desperate need of a centre. They already had a lottery selection in TJ Ford running the point.

The reason why people say that Bogut could be a possible All-Star is not due to his game, but more to do with what conference he plays in. Outside of Dwight Howard there isn't much going on in the East at the centre position. In the East, Bogut is probably in the top 3. Remember a guy call Magloire, he made an All-Star squad as an injury replacement, based purely on the fact that there was no one else at the position that could fill the spot.

Reply #213805 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Today's update: Bogut suffers heart knee bruise in loss to Magic. Recap here.

"I took a charge in the first half and got a knee," Bogut said. "But I'll be OK."

FWIW, he's currently ranked fifth in NBA for rebounding with 11.4 per game, according to ESPN. A couple less boards, and his line would be 11.1ppg, 11.1rpg and 1.1bpg.

Reply #213871 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:56 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754