Harold Miner
Years ago

Ogilvy fairly ordinary so far

Ogilvy is not exactly setting the college world on fire in his second year. Andrew is now the go 2 guy after Shan Foster departed last year and for whatever reason is putting up fairly low numbers.

Topic #18218 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Repost.

To recap:

It's preseason.

He leads his team in scoring and rebounds.

He is top 20 (=14th) in the SEC for rebounds.
He is top 25 (24th) in the SEC for scoring.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=36248

He is a sophomore. Maybe it would be a problem if he was a senior.

Reply #214191 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

..but if you are really down on AJ and are looking for a new idol (and you dont want to be a Mills fanboy), check out Luke Nevill.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=22304

If he can keep those numbers up this year he could be a late first round/early second round pick in the 2009 draft.

Reply #214192 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Kad - Is Nevill a bona fide 7-2??? Hope so... Seems to be putting up some pretty good numbers after a couple of dissapointing NCAA seasons (What`s that they say about big men???)... If he keeps it up you`d think NBA teams would be salivating over him just for his size (and i am only judging by stats mind you) and seeming ability... Esp. given this is supposedly a weak draft (i don't buy into it!!!)...

Reply #214197 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

AJ will be OK...with a essentially a new team (5 Freshman I believe) this season they are still finding their feet. The kid has talent and eventually it shines though. He is averaging double figure points and rebounding at a good clip and is the glue for his team.

Nevill is a legit 7'2" and is finally getting the best out of his talents this year.

I should remind people that Nevill has had 3 solid years at College already with good numbers:

Year ppg rpg apg bpg fg%
2007-08 11.6 6.6 0.9 0.9 .532
2006-07 16.8 7.7 1.6 1.1 .637
2005-06 15.2 6.7 1.3 1.6 .535

Last year his numbers were down and hence his stocks dropped accordingly.

So far this year he is doing the following:

Year ppg rpg apg bpg fg%
2008-09 18.5 11.0 2.0 2.3 .644

All figures are career highs so far and for his efforts was named Mountain West Conference player of the week for last week.

Reply #214214 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:40 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754