XztatiK
Years ago

Breakers vs. Wildcats - Thursday 27th

It was a pretty good game tonight on Maori TV, with the Breakers taking over in the 4th for the win.

Rickert, Oscar, CJ and Philll were all great for NZ while Hinson and Victor carried Perth.

Interesting comment from Perth coach Conner Henry after the game:

"I just didn't expect CJ to show us up like that, that's my only complaint."

-this after CJ clapped and pumped up the crowd for 20 seconds (while travelling) on the last possesion until Victor came in for the steal and stopped it.

I really didn't think there was anything wrong with it, he was merely celebrating the win with the crowd, which had been very supportive throughout the game. It's far better than trying to score with a last shot. I didn't see it as 'showing up' his opponent at all.
It might've just been the emotion getting to Henry after a pretty firey game.

Commentry line of the night:

"Ruckert can handle a rod, that's for sure"

Honourable mention to Peter Crawford for giving away 7 fouls on the night... yes, seven.

Box Scores:
http://linky.com.au/hje6d

Topic #18219 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Umpires were shit to NZ in the first half. Then shit to Perth in the second half!

Oscar is unbelievable with his 3's!!! So hard to guard! Can't give him nothing! Credit to him!

Reply #214201 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

More importantly, Oscar had the defensive job on Redhage and helped keep him to seven points (2/12 FG) and four boards, while scoring 19 and getting eight boards himself. One of his best all-round games, I thought.

Three of the NZ sharpshooters combined for 12/20 3P which will keep them up there in the 3P% rankings.

This is from the NBL's Fast Facts this week:

Oscar Forman is on track to record one of the best three-point shooting seasons of all time if he continues at his current pace. Forman has shot from long range at an incredible 51.5% with 50-from-97. In his last 4 games he has hit 14-from-22 at 63.6%. Teammate CJ Bruton has been no slouch himself shooting at a career best 49.4% with 41-from-83.

Best all time season averages from 3-point land (minimum 100 attempts)

53.4% - Phil Smyth (Canberra) 1992
51.9% - Chad Tucker (Southern Melb.) 1991
51.5% - Oscar Forman (New Zealand) 2009 *incomplete
49.6% - Ron Lemons (Nunawading) 1985
48.8% - David Barlow (Sydney) 2006
48.6% - Stephen Black (Brisbane) 2004

Reply #214212 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

Great game, games like that one being televised can definately help the league. Oscar is great wish we still had him in a role, the bear played another good game, new zealand is loaded and my favourite for champions this season.

Reply #214218 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:57 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754