The_Champ33
Years ago

Marbury Suspended By Knicks

http://linky.com.au/k7nh3

Well done to the Knicks and let's punish him further. He's a hideious cancer.

Topic #18233 | Report this topic

Why dont they just suspend him for the rest of the season so they dont have to pay him. genius

Reply #214351 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Players union would never let them suspend him without pay...

But you bet your ass they will be watching him and making sure that if he gives them ANY reason to fine or suspend him, they will do it.

Its a horrible and ugly situation really. I wonder how people would react if a sports identity was driven to suicide by this type of scenario?

I mean, Starbury always thought he was going to do great things, and now it appears he will never get the chance (his fault entirely)and that can lead to some pretty deep depression.

Reply #214729 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

If the Knicks let him go....who do u think would go after him?

He still has a lot of Value for a team that is looking at winning a title

Reply #214819 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Apparently the Heat are really interested, but the Knicks may say as part of his buy-out conditions that he can't signed with an Eastern Conference (or Heat) team.

I heard on ESPN (so it's probably bunk) that the Mavericks could be interested.

Reply #214827 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Starbury buyout talks fail in 15 minutes.

Knicks statement: "After meeting with Stephon and his representative this afternoon, we have directed Stephon not to participate in practice or attend games until further notice. We want to continue to meet with him to discuss a long-term resolution."

Reply #214831 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:34 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754