SKUX101
Years ago

Fernandez for R.O.T.Y

Rudy Fernandez is amazing. IMO, He will win Rookie of the Year. He is shooting some very good percentages.
Shooting 42 % from 3-Point range, and an amazing 94 % from the Free Throw line.

Rudy is averaging 11 points a game, but you can expect that to increase as he develops throughout the season and earns more minutes. Also, he is only averaging 1 TO per game, and is # 3 in the league in 3PFG's made.
The dude is a machine.

Topic #18242 | Report this topic

Sasha Vujacic  
Years ago

He might be a machine, but he is not The Machine. There is only one 'The Machine' and he is Kobe's number one man.

Reply #214452 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

I agree with Sasha. The problem with Machine is he forget to re-charge battery.

But on ROTY, please, Beasley and Rose are both outstanding.

Reply #214455 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Mayo has been putting up some very nice numbers in Memphis aswell.

21/4/2

Reply #214456 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Mayo has been impressive and producing good numbers. He'd be a chance.

I wish Hibbet was up there, but he makes 4-6 fouls in less than 15mins of game time.

Reply #214464 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

DERRICK ROSE....conversation over

Reply #214478 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Gotta say this is one of the better rookie classes for a while... While the marquee/lottery names are performing - you have guys like George Hill (SAS ), Mbah A Moute (Mil), (to name 2) distinguishing themselves in unlikely situations... It seems that a lot of teams have picked up nice players (that can contribute now) in this draft...

Reply #214486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The problem with Machine is he forget to re-charge battery" - LOL i love those videos.

machine break down

Reply #214500 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Reply #214503 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

I think Fernandez has done well and will continue to get better, but his minutes (and therefore opportunities!) are going to be far less than Rose, Mayo and Beasley. I am a big fan of Fernandez after watching the Gold medal game at the Olympics.

It will come out of that Trio though, and my bet is on Rose.

Reply #214593 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

I think it has to be either Mayo or Rose based on form to date.

Reply #214601 | Report this post

DandyBoi  
Years ago

Rose is looking good in my books. If Fernandez got more minutes then he would be a genuine chance but I don't reckon it will happen.

Reply #214650 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

I read on ESPN today that Mayo is averaging the highest PPG as a rookie since Iverson back in 96-97.
Thought that was interesting - its a shame that Memphis are struggling for wins.

On the flip side, Memphis could be good in a number of years. Gay, Mayo, Conley, Gasol form a strong young group. Throw in some vet role players and this team could push for a playoff seed.

Reply #215970 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Memphis are on a four game win streak at the moment so Mayo would probably be in contention at the moment. I think if Chicago make the playoffs then Rose will win it (assuming Memphis don't make the playoffs or get close).

Reply #216776 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:53 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754