Kent Brockman
Years ago

Sam McKinnon maybe out for the year

He has been admitted to hospital with an irregular heart beat and while there they found a blood clot in his lungs.

Could mean a few games missed good mean never playiong again depeding on what they find.

Topic #18244 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Really sad. Sammy is a great guy and an amazing talent his peak.

Sending good vibes his way!

Reply #214458 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

This is a damn shame and a big blow. I've been a big Sam fan including his mo-vember styles.

I was looking forward to watching him next Saturday.

We can only hope good comes for Sam.

Reply #214463 | Report this post

STAT  
Years ago

What is it with Bballers and their irregular heart beats?

Makes me think of quiting the game to preserve my health.

Reply #214491 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Doctor said he had bloodclots, but he ain't Jamaican man" - kanYe West

I swear that song just played while I was reading this.

Obviously I hope SammyMac is okay and everything, but this could end up being a good thing for the Tigers if they use the points on a PG. They'd be disappointed that Kendall's gone.

Get well Sammy.

Reply #214508 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

Great player all around, the tigers havent been as good with him though so this may help them gel a bit and have more balance in their offence. Still however hope the bloke gets better and gets another season.

Reply #214576 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He's been their clear leader in assists in a season where they've seemingly struggled with their starting PG arrangement. I guess they might start Crosswell now and then have to rely more often on Corletto to back him up. Alternatively, they can give Hoare more minutes and stick with the Barlow-PG experiment.

Not a whole heap of Australian PG options available to come into the team either with Kendall at the Cats and Martin in Sydney. For upper-tier players, that leaves Markovic and Ryan but they could be a bit of a gamble.

Reply #214580 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

XztatiK:

""Doctor said he had bloodclots, but he ain't Jamaican man" - kanYe West"

I'd appreciate it if you could decypher that quote for me. My brain's in overload.
Did the doctor have the blood clots, or was it his patient?
Some lingos sub an 8tch for a J, so was he hay mak'n man, or clutch'n at straws?
Or is j'mak'n man, a gay slur?
I need help. ; )

Reply #214816 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

DDFan, I think the last line there could be the most accurate thing you've ever posted on this forum :)

Reply #214973 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I wasn't begging, but I'll pay that. : )

Reply #214992 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:34 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754