Curtley2
Years ago

People in this forum gotta get over the 36ers

This is a great forum in terms of basketball knowledge but theoretically it needs more of the non-36ers fans to stand up and turn it into a basketball forum; i'm all for a 36ers msg but there needs to be more to it in order 4 it to become not only a knowledgable forum, but a knowledgable baskeball forum with more than 80% of posts not involving the 36ers during the NBL season.

Its a great forum by and large.

Topic #18281 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

"it needs more of the non-36ers fans to stand up"
Feel free to do that then

Right now I only know of DICKO (good) and david (idiot), I think.

Reply #214919 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

there are plenty of others on here who are non 36ers fans....myself included...

But i expect when i come here to see loads of Adelaide crap...no matter how one eyed and parochial it is...

Reply #214920 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Unfortunately the only major topics coming up at the moment are crappy reffing, the league reform next year and what the hell is wrong with the Sixers.

Feel free to start an actual topic about something different rather than just deciding to post another "forum bollocking" thread.

Start something about the 2010 trades in the NBA and your expectations on who's signing who. Or how Starbury how holds the record for "Richest Couch Potato" or something like that.

Reply #214924 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

am I missing something here but this is primarily a South Australian forum, and the 36ers are a South Australian team.

Hey Curtley, if the fact that people on here talk about their state team is too traumatic for you, here's my suggestion, DONT OPEN the threads that relate to the 36ers and only read the stuff that interests you.

I love the 36ers threads, because apart from reading the paper, this is where I come to find out news about them.

You are obviously still reading the stuff that youre complaining about.

Im sure the site owners welcome comments and threads from all sides of basketball, and that is great too, but only read the ones that you are interested in and dont bitch about the stuff you dont like. It's really not that difficult.

Reply #214935 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I come here BECAUSE it's 6ers focused. I have a little more than a passing interest in Adelaide's team and continue to follow their fortunes from afar.

If you really don't want to know about South Australian focused basketball, you should probably not come to HoopsSA. Stick with Ozhoops.

That said, there is also some intersting content on the league as a whole, Basketball in general and the NBA specifically.

Reply #214939 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It would be good to see a few more non-Sixers fan on the forum. Unfortunately, the IQ level would suffer.

Has anyone heard how HWR is going?

Reply #214940 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Most of my interest and posts would be 36ers in the NBL season.
In particular, just after a game at the dome.
Enjoy it.

Reply #214941 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"It would be good to see a few more non-Sixers fan on the forum. Unfortunately, the IQ level would suffer."

You don't WANT it to get above 15????

Reply #214949 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

LOL Dicko

I am thinking of Piggy Muldoon's comment about trans-Tasman migration "it raises the IQ of both countries"

And a bug hallo to all our Kiwi friends on Hoops SA

Reply #214952 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Funnily enough, I'm always keen to find out what I can ABOUT the 36ers, & thought the Sixers section'd been pretty quiet.

I'd also like to add that david is a tool, but I enjoy all the other interstaters, & NBL related topics.

Reply #214966 | Report this post

Dumb Dumb Fan  
Years ago

You calling someone a tool dumb dumb. Pot Kettle Black, join the dots idiot.

Reply #214978 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Now, now boys, didn't your mummies teach your how to share and play nicely?

Reply #214980 | Report this post

Iluv2ball  
Years ago

I think it would be better if fans of other teams such as myself put more information regarding other teams and games up, maybe that would solve the issue.

However, I enjoy this sites forums and enjoy the broad range of topics that come up.

Reply #214986 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Dumb Dumb Fan:

"You calling someone a tool dumb dumb. Pot Kettle Black, join the dots idiot"

YOU (Dumb Dumb Fan) should NOT be calling anyone an idiot.
I assumed you were adressing me with your dumb-arsed post, but happy to be corrected if you were talking to yourself.

Reply #214997 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Dumb Dumb Fan, DDFan

Pistols at 20 paces, Saturday night

Reply #215006 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

I had a great game of one on one on the driveway last night...anyone like to hear more about it?

Reply #215011 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Jack Toft:

"Dumb Dumb Fan, DDFan

Pistols at 20 paces, Saturday night"

I'm up for it Jack. My duel personality definitely gives me the edge. He's too messed up to have one.

With the mental picture I have of Dumb Dumb Fan, I'm confident that if my one shot was on target, he'd survive & it would all be put down to a ballistics forensic excercise.

Reply #215063 | Report this post

Dumb Dumb Fan  
Years ago

Sorry Dumb Dumb. I have no idea what you are talking about. But I am sure there is someone who finds you funny. Keep trying sport. You will get there.

Reply #215073 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Curtley2, are you against topics relating to the 36ers? If so, is this because you are from interstate and follow one of the other NBL teams? This forum is a South Australian based forum so naturally the interest is going to be in the 36ers as well as the South Australian district leagues. I suggest that you do what Isaac has done and commence a forum in your state where the interest will be from basketball followers in your state. I don't understand your comment about this forum needing more non 36ers fans to turn it into a knowledgeable basketball forum. How is that when South Australian fans are renowned for being the most knowledgeable basketball fans in the country?

Reply #215089 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Happy to have non-SA content on here as long as the primarily SA-oriented contributors aren't swamped.

I know I'm always interested in reading about NBL clubs outside of Adelaide and that others follow junior basketball development and the like in other states.

Reply #215093 | Report this post

pulteney 42  
Years ago

I'm all for having a dig at DDFan, because he gives as good as he gets! But to "Dumb Dumb Fan", you really are making yourself look like a bit of a tosser by continually trying (not very successfully I might add) to have a go at DDFan, for no real reason it seems. Let it rest, champ. You are making a real fool of yourself.

Reply #215107 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

.....have a go at DDFan, for no real reason it seems. Let it rest, champ. You are making a real fool of yourself...

Yes, and that's his job.

Reply #215108 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:24 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754