Isaac
Years ago

Smyth interviewed on KG and Cornes

Classic line from Smyth: "I was so depressed after the game that I went out and proposed to someone."

Low blow!

Smyth on the Hawks game: "If you paid to go to the game, you would want your money back."

He said that it was well over the top in a physical sense and that it was a case of a team testing the limits of the rules.

He is hoping that the 36ERS can win 3 of 4 to finish the season in around 3rd place. Their worst possible finish from here is 6th.

The absence of Maher is a big concern. He has a 1cm tear in his hamstring. Maher won't play on Friday against the Hawks and is unlikely for the home game against the Taipans on Sunday.

Phil's primary concern is to build up consistency for the finals.

He spoke about Brad Hill and his father Richard who coaches the Eastern Mavericks.

Smyth had a meeting today with the club about re-signing as coach of the team and said that it was positive. He's hoping to have something arranged within the next few weeks. Says that there are no problems though.

He expects some pleasantries and tangles in the Hawks game on Friday but said that the team, despite pulling up sore after Saturday night, are looking forward to the game.

(Just have to add that I think Phil does a great job in radio interviews like this. Informative, casual, but has a sense of fun.)

Topic #1829 | Report this topic

Kriss  
Years ago

Brett Maher was on 5DN and was maybe thinking of going to Europe next year? did anyone else hear that

Reply #20905 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Kriss I didn't hear Brett on radio but he was on Sports Tonight saying the same thing. He said he is putting out some feelers to clubs with the possibility of heading over next season. The reporter then said he was likely to sign with the 36ers but with the out clause.

Reply #20916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bretts going at season end.

did Phil smyth ever dunk?.

Reply #21782 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:23 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754