Pirie Panthers
Years ago

Panthers vs. Lions - (Write up now available)

WOMEN

Port Pirie Panthers 54
Central District Lions 50

qtr 1: 19 - 15 (19 - 15)
qtr 2: 33 - 36 (14 - 21)
qtr 3: 43 - 42 (10 - 8)
qtr 4: 54 - 50 (11 - 8)

Panthers - Abby Lambert 4, Kayla Hayes 7, Jordan Rawlins 12, Jenna Hoare 5, Bec Redden 9, Ashe McCarthy 6, Carly Pavy 7, Jodie Munzberg 4.

Lions - Casey Banwell 13, Courtenay Appleton 8, Danielle Michael 6, Erin Jolly 4, Demi Vermeer 2, Charlotte Ailmore 1, Jessica Tonkin 9, Karen Gunn 7.

Men

Port Pirie Panthers 81
Central District Lions 106

qtr 1: 17 - 26 (17 - 26)
qtr 2: 36 - 47 (19 - 21)
qtr 3: 60 - 80 (24 - 33)
qtr 4: 81 - 106 (21 - 26)

Panthers - Matt Leske 5, John Brill 3, Ben Chivell 8, Trent Hoare 3, Ryan Hoare 7, Lyall Gillett 11, Tim Dunkley 18, Tommy Harmer 4, Nelson Magor 17, Sam Mayes 5.

Lions - Ben Todd 22, Kyle Williams 11, Lachlan Parker 14, Jacob Templeton 23, Toby Lightheart 8, Brett Maksimovic 6, Jason McMahon 3, Kerwin Penn 8, Tim Robinson 5, Daniel Rock 6.

For a full write up of the game (in the next couple of days - I will let you all know) please go to www.portpirie.basketball.net.au

Topic #18327 | Report this topic

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Good crowd?

Reply #215464 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

I will take a punt and say yes, port pirie and the community love the game...Some ppl over there doing some hard yards to get the game going big time and should be supported.

was workin other wise i was thinking of taking a drive.

Reply #215478 | Report this post

Pirie Panthers  
Years ago

jimmy de bas: Indeed! We had approx. 150 through the door by the first quarter of the Women's game and 200+ by end of night. Will know more officially on Monday, but our GrandStand was full!

ExWhyZee: Good Punt (see above). We do love the game, it's entertaining and we don't just give the crowd a game, we give them a show with music during all stoppages, game commentary througout and we have massive support from locals with sponsorship etc. CocaCola is our biggest supporter with a lucky person from the crowd shooting off (with assistance from a local representative player) for Can of Coke from the Foul Line, Carton of Powerade from the 3pt and a Carton of Millers on a made half way shot.

We have a great team making it a success.

Reply #215495 | Report this post

lion tamer  
Years ago

I was there, the Pirie people did themselves proud, it was a great night, very professional. Lions boys had a great time and were well looked after.

The game was of a high standard and I'm sure the Lions would love to head back next year.

Inter club realationships where well and truly stengthened.

Hey you may even see a Lions home ABL game there within a few years. Just a thought. BM

Reply #215556 | Report this post

Pirie Panthers  
Years ago

Write-Up now available on website.

http://linky.com.au/onjss

Reply #215649 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

So can I just ask, was this the central District ABL team, as in Div 1?

Sorry, I have no idea. If so, this was a good effort by a country team. Very impressive in deed!

Reply #215706 | Report this post

Pirie Panthers  
Years ago

ExWhyZee: I am in the understanding that it was a combination of Div1, Div2 & Div3 players... Scott Whitmore was trying to achieve something with a combination of players.

Advice from our end was that we are rated as a division 3 competition in alignment with Adelaide Metro (retiring or up and coming quality players) with an inkling of Div2/Div1 standard players therefore we can remain competitive, but if a full squad of Starting Div2/Div1 players were to come, the scoreline would stretch to an embarrassing result.

Ultimately it is for the hopeful future success of our Senior Representative Team attending the SA Senior Country Championships and trying to win it. These games give us opportunity to play against quality teams from a different competition to allow our teams to gel.

What it gives the Adelaide teams is an opportunity to use it as a bonding event for their teams, trial new players, trial new plays and play in front of a crowd of 200+ people that will applaude a good play whether it's the home team or the visiting.

If you have a team interested please contact me on [email protected], we offer remuneration and a guaranteed great event!

Reply #215717 | Report this post

ExWhyZee  
Years ago

PP, I think your association is doing an excellent job to promote the game and give others opportunity's to play against some good players. Well done.

I have heard of some of the names in your team, mainly the younger ones. Maybe if they go to Uni they will be around the mark to play ABL or there abouts.

Good luck with future games. If I had not been busy with work I would have made an effort to get to the game.

Reply #215721 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:42 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754