Quagmire
Years ago

Old Champs hiding in the wings

Never doubt the heart of a champion. The spurs are right where they want to be.

Start of the season i thought they were dead in the water. Not because the big 3 were playing poorly, in fact they are all having awesome years, i was doubting them because the D special Bowen is all but washed up.

He is so important to the spurs D and team structure that i thought losing him would make the spurs D falter enough that their own scoring ability would be put under too much strain.

With all the recent talk of the big 3 contenders, i think the Spurs would be stoked. They will waltz into the finals. They will shut down every team they face. They will play high or low scoring games depending on the style needed. They will make clutch plays on the road. And they will win the west.

The celtics will be a tough series, but i would still fancy the spurs because the spurs big 3 is better.

Rhondo would be a key to any celts/spurs finals.

LeBron sure as hell doesn't want to see the spurs again.

Sportsbet had em at 17's to win it all.

I am all over that.

Topic #18392 | Report this topic

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Spurs are done. They're the Wests' equivalent of the Pistons - former champs who are washed up (for now).

Reply #216313 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Big call, Lets hope they dont go too far so we dont have to watch them.

Reply #216343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quagmire is that if the lakers lose bynum, gasol, fisher?? oh no wait kobe beats the spurs by himself!!!

Reply #216368 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Kobe beats the spurs? By himself? When he didn't have Shaq- he BARELY played finals. Kobe is a good player- but got found out against PP in the finals last year. The MJ comparisons are definately put to rest.

Bynum over-rated.

Gasol= Gun.

Odom- High.

Fisher= Bowen= OLD.

Lakers are a strong team- but not champs. I actually think the west was pretty weak last year- Healthy Spurs are still the benchmark. Houston and LA next in the west.

Reply #216712 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

And it is an odd year.

Reply #216789 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:43 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754