Henry
Years ago

Taipans cut imports

Abney and Dave Thomas have been cut.

One of them will end up at the dragons.

i dont see the snakes winning more than 3 games for the remainder of the season.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24789728-23769,00.html

Topic #18394 | Report this topic

Curtley  
Years ago

Can Dave Thomas get a new nickname please? I suggest Mad - as in Mad as a cut snake, yes i hear your laughs so don't say it's not funny.

Reply #216376 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Curtly,
That was so funny my guts have come out of my sides..........

Reply #216391 | Report this post

Mookie  
Years ago

Lets be honest, between them they were earning 7 of the Wollongong Hawks wages between the 2 of them. The Taipans made a mockery of the salary cap for many years, surprise?

Reply #216405 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Curtley, thank DD for setting the bar so low - that was actually funny, lol.

...cut snake haha.

Reply #216407 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

They possibly could've saved the global credit crisis between them.
Seriously, what is the point of playìng another half a season with no imports- you might as well ask them to play without a coach. Why not just sit out the rest of the season and each take a redundancy package of sorts- they are going to look and feel and play bad for the rest of the season like some D grade u9's or something.

Reply #216410 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

having them play out in some form means that the nbl doesnt have to stuff around with issues such as schedules and past results this season. The taipans wont be great but will probabbly still win the occasional game, and it still keeps those australians employed and gives them a chance to prove themselves to other teams

Reply #216420 | Report this post

STAT  
Years ago

What are DT (or is it Mad now) an The Birdman doing now? Europe or play for Dragons (one of them obviously they both cant, or maybe they can with Goorj as coach)? Where will they go?

Reply #216432 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:26 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754