SKUX101
Years ago

Maurice Cheeks Fired

Philadephia 76ers head coach, Maurice Cheeks has being fired with the team slumping at 9-14.
Boy, there has being alot of coaches fired thus far this season. Sam Mitchell was fired from his post at the Raptors, PJ Carlesimo was sacked from the dismal OK City, Eddie Jordan was sacked from the Wizards and now Maurice Cheeks.

If I was looking for a coach to take over, I know who I'd be looking at- Avery Johnson. The guy has no coaching job whatsover, and works with ESPN as an NBA analyst. He is a proven coach, as he has led the Mavs to the playoffs numerous occassions including guiding them to 67-15(i think) back a few years ago.

Topic #18410 | Report this topic

STAT  
Years ago

Not suprising. The 76ers are stacked and their record is hopeless!

Reply #216648 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Stacked? Brand is recovering from the injury- and it sure doesn't help that no-one on the team can spread the D with shooting. Teams can double/triple team Elton all game with no penalties.

Philly have an obvious and easily exploitable weakness. It can't be the coaches fault that he has a team with no perimeter options. They are playing with one arm tied behind their backs. It is shite that he gets axed for that and i really hope another team realises what Cheeks was able to do last year and gives him a shot.

Reply #216713 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

IMO, The 76ers began to decline with the loss of Kyle Korver. He spread the court alot more last season. If they had him this season, then they would get alot more action into Brand, as teams would have to protect the outside more. A guy like Korver would give Brand more space to operate.

At this point in time, the 76ers don't really have a shooter like Korver. Iguodala is a poor shooter, Miller is alright although a bit inconsistent.

I think the 76ers coaching staff should look for a good shooter i.e Someone like Korver. Maybe they should look at getting any one of these guys: Peja Stojakovic, Kapono, Rudy Fernandez, etc.

Reply #216749 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

my question is who is being held accountable for putting together a roster that has no shooters?

They ranked near last in the L in shooting percentage, no surprise, they have no shooters!

Sacking the coach doesn't improve a players ability to hit jumpers.

Reply #216754 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:24 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754