Bizzy
Years ago

KG - Is he playing the right way?

Was scouring ESPN the other day, and came across an extremely interesting article about KG and the way he is going about playing this season.

I've noticed and was discussing with my brother a change in KG (I've watched most of his games with NBA League Pass) and he seems to have got this swagger since winning his title last year. He is taunting guys, just generally being a clown. I know KG has always been intense but IMO he is taking it to a whole new level.

That's where the article comes in, TrueHoop discusses it here

That being said, Kevin Garnett this year goes above and beyond that threshold. Crawling on all fours, clapping and pointing in a player's face as he dribbles up the court ... these antics are classless and have no place in our game. If Dikembe Mutombo can get T'd up for a finger wag (or a player who dunks on Mutombo can be T'd for wagging a finger back), where do you classify what Garnett did to Calderon?

That was said by a Western Conference GM.

The Calderon incident can be seen below:

He has also been doing things like crawling on his knees towards rookie guard Jerryd Bayless from the Blazers.

What do people think of KG's actions? Warranted? Taking it too far? KG just being KG?

Topic #18411 | Report this topic

STAT  
Years ago

I love KG but i agree his head has just continued to get bigger an bigger with every game the Cs win.

There is a line between intensity and insanity and i think KG is crawling closer

Reply #216647 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

i think he lost his mind in that championship winning rant he went on in posy match celebrations . Always admired his game but he talks some absolute pivel .

Reply #216651 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Yeah. I pretty much knew he was a clown from the day I heard that he punched Rick Rickert in the head, after Rickert bet him in a one-on-one. Sore loser.

Reply #216653 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Stay in school kids...

Seriously though - dissapointing but it is KG (who i still revere - as a TWolves fan) we all know sometimes his intensity seems to get the better of him (post Championship interview last year). At the end of the day this comes back to the refs (T him up) - besides Calderon "chumped him up" good and proper...

Reply #216657 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What do people think of KG's actions?
Classless. Needs a "What Would Brett Maher Do?" band.

Reply #216660 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Then again - better classless than Chris Webber...

Reply #216661 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

Arrogant prick look what a title does to him I thought he was a good selfless player now hes a prick.

Reply #216665 | Report this post

MixMasterWipe  
Years ago

It seems like KG has total control of the team.He's always yapping away into the coaches ears and any players that will listen.I agree he has been way full on this season,luckly the Celtics are winning.I see why Big Baby got angry at him now ,it must be hard to put up with him all the time.

Reply #216667 | Report this post

Mo' bags  
Years ago

Garnett crawling on the ground in defence isn't new, he did it at the Sydney 2000 Olympics.

I like it, brings some emotion to the game.

Reply #216691 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

I've always been a fan of Jose Calderon, I mean, look at the guys turnover to assit rate (4.69!!!).
But now standing up to Kg like that, you've got my vote buddy.

Reply #216695 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

"Garnett crawling on the ground in defence isn't new, he did it at the Sydney 2000 Olympics."

You beat me to it Mo'Bags, was going to say the exact same thing.

Reply #216696 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Keeps us entertained ;-)
But I do agree a technical should have been awarded for that play in the clip, good to see people standing up to him though.

Loved nothing more than Dikembe wiggling the finger! :-) And even more so when Hakeem got one back on him haha. I think Ewing got one also which was huge and did they let him know about it.

Reply #216711 | Report this post

SDU  
Years ago

so how come its a tech foul for taunting when mutumbo waives a finger but KG can do it?

KG is a punk

Reply #216715 | Report this post

woody venkat  
Years ago

man give the guy a break

that byplay was awesome

hes a true champion a true leader

his attitude towards continuousely winning is what won them the ring last year and ill be damned if they dont again this year

if u can walk the walk you can talk the talk

and my man kg can

Reply #216720 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

woodmeister - "if u can walk the walk you can talk the talk"

Think that should be " if you talk the talk then you best be able to walk the walk , otherwise you look like a dipshit .

On the clets , Yeah cause it nothing to do with Paul Pierce and his amazing play and true leadership in the playoffs , or Ray Allen's arrival in bean town , or Rondo stepping it up , or Posey having a stellar playoffs also .

Don't get me wrong he has been a very good player day in day out thru out his career but KG is notorious for coming up fluffcakes empty in crunch time .

A true warrior gets it done and done quietly , that is why Tim Duncan stands head and shoulders above KG . And i am not even a Duncan fan .

Reply #216738 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Good point about Tim Duncan - classy guy who doesn't resort to theatrics.

Reply #216755 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

The thing that appears dissapointing is that it looks like his behaviour has coincided with a championship. He was always intense but never really stepped over the line, this footage suggests he has and he should be real careful coz it will ultimately damage the way he is remembered.

Side note- did anyone see the poor sportsmanship displayed by Bulls coach Del Negro? Q-rich was directly in front of him and was in the act of shooting a trey, when Del screamed something at him to attempt to distract him. He was like a foot away from his ear, even stepped slightly onto the court.

Not. Cool.

Q drilled it so all good.

here it is;http://linky.com.au/adx6j

Reply #216757 | Report this post

woody venkat  
Years ago

YO RATEONTHIS THATS WHAT I MEANT DAWG SORRY I MIXED THE TWO UP

if you talk the talk then you best be able to walk the walk ,

AND I AGREE WITH ALL YOUR OTEHR POINTS ASWELL GUYS LIKE DUNCAN AND DAVE ROBINSON ARE TRULEY PRO'S

BUT KG HAS HIS OWN STYLE HE DOES WHAT HE NEEDS TO DO TO SUCCEED IN LIFE

AND WHEN HE CAME TO BOSTON HE INSTILLED SOMETHING THAT NO ONE ELSE COULD
A DESIRE TO WIN AT ALL COSTS

THAT WHY I GOT NO ISSUES WITH HIM SPITTING SOME GAME

Reply #216760 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Dawg , i aint a dawg mate .

And i don't know if you mixed it up , just puttin my spin on it .

As for spittin , that behavior should be well passed him .

CAPS - just annoying .

You agreeing with me , faerful .

Reply #216770 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

my spelling , atrocious .

Reply #216771 | Report this post

woody venkat  
Years ago

dawg is a term of endearment dont take it the wrong way mate if thats wtf u wanna be called

i dun see what ur problem is this is just a hoops forum

and i did just mix it up

i dunno what u mean by puttin your own spin on it

i know one thing

if i was playing pik up with yo ass id be spitting game in ur face every time i hit one of my pretty jumpers in your face

just like kg

so take ur tim morrisey/ fred hoiberg lookin ass outta my face

Reply #216773 | Report this post

woody venkat  
Years ago

not that i know what u look like
but im sure u just another iggnorant whiteboy who thinks hes the shit

Reply #216774 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Look you peanut , I doubt very much that would happen . Now go for a big long walk , get some fresh air and come back when you can speak coherent english .

Reply #216779 | Report this post

woody venkat  
Years ago

im typing on a forum while im working. so ill tell u what ill do bro. ill go for a long walk and by a dictionary and a theseaurus so when i post on here ill speak perfectly. i wont use words like

dawg because obivously they dun sit well with you

fkn sdknt

id love to drop u

Reply #216786 | Report this post

woody venkat  
Years ago

ok fine im sounding like a bit of a dik
sorry ok rateonthis

truce mate

Reply #216788 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Lol! keep going guys, don't mind us, this is funny.

Reply #216790 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

With dat spellin dawg be a tad worried you will end up with books on canaries and walruses .

Reply #216795 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

AAAHAHAHAHHAHA little ball!

Reply #216797 | Report this post

woody venkat  
Years ago

hey bro why dun u drop it with the spelling
this aint year 6 english who gives a fk

where u from rateonthis?? adelaide??

Reply #216803 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Woody, clearly you're from the Hood.

Reply #216820 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

KG struggled to finish high school, reason he looks, acts and sounds stupid.

Reply #216833 | Report this post

yeah, he looks stupid because he struggled in school

hmm

yeah he gives it out, but he takes it. He didnt get fired up at all when calderon yelled back at him. i dont understand what all this fuss is about

Reply #216841 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

The problem ELG is that he did not receive a technical foul for taunting. Clapping and pointing at Calderon should warrant a tech foul.

Reply #216853 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

My problem is that KG only does it to people he sees as being on a lower level than he puts himself, them and rookies.

Won't see KG being a punk to Kobe etc. Why is that?

Reply #216855 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

very true Bizzy , always picking easy targets .

Reply #216866 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Yeah. He seems to hate on the International Players too.

Reply #216976 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

...and babies.

Reply #216994 | Report this post

Ok so he should have gotten a tech.

and maybe he knows he wont be able to intimidate kobe, lebron etc so he doesnt try.

Reply #217004 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:03 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754