Isaac
Years ago

Interesting interview with Goorjian

Just been referred to an interesting interview with Dragons coach Brian Goorjian with some unconventional questions and good at-length answers. Would like to see more like this involving all sorts of past and present NBL identities.

I did a clinic for Scotch College and went back to a family's house and they had an unbelievable home with a basket in their backyard and we played around and they offered me a coffee. I got a hit of a coffee and danced around the court for about the next four hours. So I started becoming like I need two cups of coffee before a game, I need a coffee at half-time, I was one of those guys.
I couldn't have played for me. There's no way in hell. It was funny because my high school was like the military, we went 29-1 and I played for my dad. It was salute the flag, hush puppies, cords, a shirt like this and a shaved head everywhere I went. Then I went to college and it was like no rules and I went nuts. We had a bunch of guys that were in Malibu Beach the first year at campus, it was wild. I finally settled down in my senior year when it was put to me either you clean your act up or you're out of here.
NBL.com.au: Goorjian looks back

The writer, Asa, could get some great stories out of Paul Rees - the guy had (or maybe still has) the door of a bar fridge bolted to the wall in his laundry as shelving.

Topic #18433 | Report this topic

rotateonthis  
Years ago

nice insight , he is definitely an honest man aware of his flaws sort of don't mind him so much any more .

Reply #216962 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:21 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754