DDFan
Years ago

The charity DD-bash

Not sure that you guys deserve this, but it's approaching Christmas, so I'll give it a shot (dealer threw in some freebies).
The hoops.com DD of old (last season), was a very angry old man. There were circumstances that validated the angst, but I'll admit, it's entirely open to interpretation. I was angry at the freedom that the ill-informed (fans) had on THIS site, to be so damaging to OUR team, OUR coaching staff & OUR club. I saw ZERO respect, & ZERO gain.
The Voldemort series of events was an absolute sham & I admit, I LOST IT. Dang ShuDang, I FREAK'N LOST IT.
History:
I WAS, 1 of the 3 people there when the fiasco was being brought to the front, & recall the intent of the confrontation. There was a call for more control to reduce the negative impact of the garbage that was freely Googleable to any prospective sponsor on hoops. It was NEVER a Smyth personal cry baby scene that made the front page on the internet. In fact I confronted Phil the very next day, that the censorship wasn't a smart move.
* I'll refrane from guessticulating on who said what to who beforehand, but I stand by the belief that Isaac acted on what he was directed to do, from his communications with the 36er office.
Phil's reply was that he wasn't concerned about any personal backlash, he wanted more control from hoops, for the benefit of OUR club. As a side-line to his coaching duties, he was positioned to coerce sponsorship for OUR club. He hadn't bothered with the dabbling on the internet for feedback, as he was astute enough to realise that there'd be criticism out there. He gambled on positives coming from the win over the Kings (which he saw), but made the fatal mistake of doing a rewind of fan opinion on hoops. He very soon came to the conclusion that hoops wasn't helping his cause.
Fast forward, when I pegged him about screwing up, he shrugged his shoulders & said some thing like:
On a personal level, & in the real world, I wore infinitely more from the Magic Johnson thing, & that was on an international level. This is water off the duck's back to me.
Point taken.
Anyway, I won't hold you up any more, it's school holidays.
Speaking of, I must say, I'm amused that a thread had to be started about whether the 36er trainings are open. Even more amusing, is that no-one had a definitive reply. Who would've thought that?
BTW, I've only starting this thread, because I want to see my name up in lights.
MERRY CHRISTMAS 36uh FANS.

Topic #18452 | Report this topic

me  
Years ago

well... that clears EVERYTHING up for me :)

Merry Xmas DD

Reply #217353 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

(Mod: DD, sorry but this was just a classic.)

Reply #217358 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

the most ball worthy post for a while Dicko ( no offence DD but it is good)

Reply #217365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DDfan just got owned by Dicko

Reply #217367 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

(Mod: Deleted at request of author.)

Reply #217370 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

(Mod: Deleted at request of author.)

Reply #217372 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

When a title thread containts "DD" and then there's no mention or picture of boobs ... Melvin gets angry ...

Reply #217404 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

: ) Melvin.
I'd oblige, but honestly, it's time I got a professional man-bra fitting.

Reply #217415 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Hey DICKO, I hope you appreciate the small ball you've been grafted. It'd be pretty precious to you wouldn't it?
On your bike, Lance (hoops/ozHo joke).

Reply #217547 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

DICKO mate, I hope you're not trolling away a $10k work ethic bonus. Let there be another Bogus festive season Spirit sponsor.
* OzHo joke.

Mate, I go to OzHoops.....and I have no idea WTF you're on about.

Reply #217551 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Lol does anyone?

...ever?

Reply #217559 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

A picture says a thousand words , DD just sprays a thousand verbal turds .

Reply #217567 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Hey DICKO, it was a bad, & over complicated joke, but it was a joke just the same (cross my heart). It's one of those one's I'd rather be deleted & forgotten, so I won't explain it. Embarrassed.
rotate, it's not a problem, so don't upset yourself. ; )

Reply #217615 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:00 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754