Quagmire
Years ago

Boozer to test FA market

ESPN report of Boozer confirming he will opt out and test the free agent market this off-season.

http://linky.com.au/yedum

No big surprise here, except the play of Milsap over the past month has Jazz fans thinking we may not be losing too much if Boozer does walk...

My thinking is that Milsap is an energy guy, so the prospect of him maintaining the level he is at right now, thru 82 games and finals playing starters minutes, could expose him to injury or severe fatigue.

How bout a 3 team trade- Camby to the Jazz, Boozer to the Heat, Marion to the Clips? Everyone wins?

Topic #18459 | Report this topic

STAT  
Years ago

I would be really suprised if Boozer leaves. the chemistry and understanding he and Williams have is far to hard to rebuild at another team. Deron makes him look good night in night out so i think that only an extremely large sum of money will move him.

In my opinion Boozer is a good player but not a star, its the understanding and team structure at the Jazz that make him an allstar. It is quite similar to Marion at the suns, Marion leaves and suddenly there is no Nash to get him his baskets. Boozer has been linked to the Heat but i think that if he did move his numbers would slip becuase the style of Wade and the Heat system doesnt suit Boozers pick an roll post up game.

Reply #217542 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Clips don't want Marion at the 3. Thornton is coming along very very nicely.

I'm not convinced on this Miami thing. It would sort of make the Beasley draft pick look like a bad pick. Beasley can't and shouldn't be at the 3.

Reply #217549 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

yeah, good points both sides. I am really only interested in getting a better post defender like Camby to the jazz...

Reply #217611 | Report this post

STAT  
Years ago

I agree that the Jazz need a banger defender down low. Millsap does a good enough job but like you said Quagmire hes really only a short burst energy player.

Whats Ben wallace up to these days?

Reply #217631 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:48 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754