The_Champ33
Years ago

Julius Hodge Sunday Mail Spread

Julius Hodge has a big spread written about him on page 50 of today's Sunday's Mail.

I'm about to read it.

However it's great to see the man and our game receive some attention and love.

Topic #18483 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

That sort of stuff is EXACTLY what the game of basketball needs.

Australian Football dominates the Crow-vertiser every day. Not one edition goes by without an article on the Crows and then every second day the Power get a token mention just to keep our friends at Ethelton off the streets and looking at pictures for 5 minutes.

I say to Boti "bring it on" Lets see a reasonable page or two of Sixers articles every day, not every other day, BUT more importantly, let's see a piece on the Lightning more often. I think it would be great to have a feature on one of the Lightning players - I think you'll agree Champ, Sam is #1 and she can go first.

Reply #217712 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Is it the same story and photo as on the advertiser on-line web site?

Reply #217713 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yes. A good read. And, a mention,on page 56 about Luke. Sam and Cayla Francis would make a good story.

Reply #217714 | Report this post

B Fresh  
Years ago

Fancy that, the advertiser pandering to the bigger sporting audiences, they should be ashamed!

Once the NBL resembles a professional sporting league and offers a better, more stable product I'm sure theyll get the coverage they deserve.

Good stuff on the Hodge article though, shows that he was a great pick up for the club on and off the court

Reply #217720 | Report this post

Raytri  
Years ago

Great article on Hodge, and really positive for basketball generally. Julius is great for the game,on and off the court, will also help the other clubs. Any news is good news.

I get the feeling with Julius that at any given time he is all of 1/2 an inch away from show time. Just love his energy and the boost he gives to Schensher and Balls and others on the court. We have a talented lineup, and now Julius adds that additional focus which could take us all the way.

Reply #217721 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

I think he is fantastic for our game, but lets face it, without a reliable outside shot (yeh I know he got 1 last night!!), will he ever get a contract in the NBA?

What would we have to do to secure him now and sign him for 3 or more years?

Reply #217722 | Report this post

Paddy  
Years ago

Yes it was great to see more of a spread on the boys. It was also great to see the article on Schensh. It's was interesting to see what makes them tick and that they are giving something back to the community in other ways. Particularly when its all a bit of fun. and we now know what the idea is behind that red mane.

Reply #217723 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

We're damned spoilt with our 'Ball coverage here in Adelaide. We've got an entertaining multi-award winning scribe in Boti, & as much as other team fans hate him, they wish they had him.
Jules is exactly what the league needs, someone who enjoys the game night, shows it & brings it out of the crowd. I love the fun factor, I want to see players enjoying their game, & that's where I've had major clashes on these boards. It's a game & it should be fun. Jules brings that.
I honestly don't understand the attraction of the NBA with their stoic prima donnas strutting their stuff. Sure they can play, but they look like they're putting themselves out playing in front of lesser beings. I reckon the NBA's screwed up big time passing on Jules, he brings more to the game than any stat-sheet will ever show. He's learnt from his near death experience & knows that every "second" counts. He does whatever it takes to be "first" alongside his team-mates.
Saw some kids wearing Jules' return home hound's tooth hats. Lov'n it. : ) : )

Reply #217724 | Report this post

poo  
Years ago

boti didnt write this spread in todays sunday mail. Its good for a change coz i cant stand some of the crap he writes.

Reply #217765 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I counted 5 articles in the Sunday Mail related to basketball/Sixers. I feel like all my Christmasses have come at once. I was shocked when basketball was bouncing out of every page at me rather than my usual trawl through the rag for a small mention!

Reply #217779 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

poo:

"boti didnt write this spread in todays sunday mail."

No kidding.

poo:

"Its good for a change coz i cant stand some of the crap he writes."

I'd rather read his stuff, than your sh1t.

Reply #217836 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:34 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754