Coady
Years ago

question on new score board

Correct me if im wrong, but wernt we supposed to be getting a new scoring cube????? i thought it was going to go up some time after Eddie purchased stadium. We got new Sound ( sick system ) We got new backboard 24 sec clock... but are we still getting cube anytime soon??? Im sick of straining my eyes tryiing to watch that crappy screen!!! and i sit under corporate boxes, but i still cant see thier plasmas either!!!

Topic #18490 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

I was keeping any eye on the ladder myself and doing some hypothetical calculations. Its an exciting time for the 36ers at the moment but its also a time where only 1 win or loss can move you 2 positions either way on the ladder. A win against the Tigers this coming weekend would be a dream come true and help set up the rest of the season. The rest of the games this season apart from 2 or 3 can be pencilled in as wins provided the team don't go into the game expecting an easy win like they started off last night. There is no reason why they can't get atleast another 7 wins from the remaining 11 games. That would put us in a great position come playoff time.

Reply #217758 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

i think somethings up with EC's comp lol. Umm as for the origial post i think that the score cube got canned indefinately due Grove's running out of money.

Reply #217771 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

think he sold it to gold coast actually... heard it got sent to brisbane so they just sold it to gold coast instead of sending to adelaide

Reply #217773 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Saw some nice looking screens in most of the corporate boxes at saturdays game so not sure what your on about there?

as for the cube was covered a while ago. end line not coming.

Reply #217778 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Get used to what you've got guys, it ain't changing.

Sorry for the delay in bringing you guys up to speed on this, but I heard it first hand from the guy who designed & installed the new shotclock/24 second gear last season.

DICKO to confirm.

--------------

Just kidd'n you globetrott'n Beagle dumper. ; )

Reply #217831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DDFan what a scoope.

I mean it was only almost 12 months ago that this was discussed at length and people were told that a new cube was not on the way.

Reply #217838 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DJ - another plus is the camera work provided for those screens - seem to be doing a great job from what I can tell. Think it might be Central AV, but can't remember.

Reply #217901 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Anonymous:

"I mean it was only almost 12 months ago that this was discussed at length and people were told that a new cube was not on the way"

Fact is, I watched over that thread & didn't see anything conclusive, or substantiated. I don't recall 36er management making any statements on the matter either.
At the time, it would not have been in the club's interest for me to give out what I knew first hand, so I held off until now.

I hope that clears it up for you.

Reply #217913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

was conclusive back at the time i reckon and not something hemmerling would want to trumpet given it was promised in membership marketing stuff.

Reply #217919 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Anonymous:

"was conclusive back at the time i reckon"

I'm not as easily sold on conclusive as you are. ; )

Reply #217980 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:07 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754