p2p
Years ago

p2p to be banned in Aus

What do people think about the P2P ban the fed gove wants to place on everyone? will this have an effect upon watching things such as live games, downloading free tv shows etc.... I think it sucks as we do not want to be controlled like China in a democratic country

Topic #18499 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Those that know me will know I have a political interest that sways me in a certain direction but that said, I have voted for different parties at different elections, depending on who deserves my vote at the time.

Let it be said though that on this issue alone, those b*stards can kiss goodbye to ever getting my vote if they ban peer-to-peer file transfers. It serves no purpose at all and for those of us that download TV over the web ..... b*stards is all I can say without losing Isaac his PG licence.

Reply #217892 | Report this post

Clem Scott  
Years ago

I would not so much as worry about Isaac loosing his licence, but P.S. Snr might not be happy with her No.3
No.2 would not speak that way either, just ask him

Reply #217895 | Report this post

Clem Scott  
Years ago

:)

Reply #217896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is currently a petition with 91,000 signitautre if you are intereseted in taking action aganist this.

http://linky.com.au/zzbbz

Reply #217897 | Report this post

Jc  
Years ago

stupid idea! i just signed it

Reply #217918 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

From that site:

"Even when it comes to preventing child p-rnography, the filter will not prevent peer-to-peer sharing and is very simple to sidestep. The protection of our children is vitally important - that's why we can't afford to waste funds on this deeply flawed system. We should be concentrating on solutions that are more effective and won't undermine our digital economy or our democratic freedoms."

...will NOT prevent p2p.

The filter is still crap though, will slow down internet by 87% apparently.

Reply #217922 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The filter will be a waste of time.

Liberals pushed for it, now Labor. It's just idiotic.

Reply #217936 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Politicians, worldwide, should just stay the hell away from the Internet.

It is, after all, a highly complex series of tubes, and I'm not sure they grasp that level of complexity.

Reply #217945 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Im pleased to say, i dont think it will happen

lol..itll be back to taping from the radio

Reply #217959 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:46 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754