Bo Hamburger
Years ago

Ultimate basketball gift

If money was no object, what would your ultimate basketball-related Xmas gift be (to receive, not to give, of course!)?

It could be memorabilia, clothing, a HORSE game with a star (like that dude who beat LeBron earlier this year), anything.

For mine, getting an original NBA Jam arcade game would be hard to beat. It would go in a corner of a room at my house, and the next time you saw me it would be years later, I'd emerge from my house looking like Tom Hanks in Cast Away, blinking at the sunlight and wondering where my wife and kids had gone.

Topic #18505 | Report this topic

Phizzer  
Years ago

Court-side seats to playoffs? Suiting up and doing warm-ups with a NBA side, then sitting on the bench? Roadtrip?

What if time and space was no object? Court-side seats at some of the greatest games ever, Bird vs Magic in college and NBA, Jordan at his best, Russell, Cousy and Auerbach. Seeing Pete Maravich play. Trash talking Reggie. Ah, the possibilities.

Reply #217939 | Report this post

Ian  
Years ago

How 'bout an 80m dollar NBA contract with the Lakers. Merry Christmas to you too Mitch Kupchak.

Reply #217940 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I play NBA Jam a couple of times a week.

MAME ROcks!

Reply #217942 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Slam ball court in your backyard?

Reply #217946 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

lol, good old Mame.

I actually have an arcade version of it at home, takes up a bit of space.

Game of HORSE against MJ would be great..

Reply #217947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Afterparty @ allstar weekend

Reply #217961 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Be GM for a week of any franchise.

Reply #217966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trip to US to watch nba games and all star weekend!!

Reply #217967 | Report this post

woody venkat  
Years ago

i own an nba jam te arcade machine

Reply #217969 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

If Goorj repaid the debt that he's incurred on all the teams that he's sent broke, that would be perfect. It won't happen, so I'll settle for the Boomers winning gold under KingJames & XztatiK.

Reply #217975 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

that court that Warner Bros built for Jordan under a massive marque while he filmed Space Jam in LA, that would look pretty sweet behind my house.

Reply #217976 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Keeping this realistic:

- I agree re the NBA Jam arcade. What a sick game that was - I don't think there will ever be anything that comes close.

- a signed MJ rookie jersey would be pretty amazing.

- an indoor court/gym in my backyard would be amazing too.. I've often dreamt about waking up and going out the back to see my stadium, with a workout gym at one end. Maybe I'll do it one day, but by then I might just be too bloody old tyo enjoy it!

Reply #218013 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Nice thoughts LockStock , maybe a retractable roof for when the weather is nice . Half cut on a half court , half gym , and half dressed servents of the finest variety serving up facials all day long .
Remember the F-Zero and Soccer battles , No tell anyone now just between u and me . Merry Xmas and maybe i collect my hundgy at years end for CP3.

Reply #218018 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

A personally signed Larry Bird singlet please.

Reply #218019 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

DDFan, Goorjian has repaid the debt, he won championships.

Reply #218022 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

the un-retirement of nick van exel!!! or better yet the sixers signing him when balls is naturalised!

Reply #218028 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Oh F-Zero was the bomb.. must have been some 12 hour straight sessions in there haha! Such a simple game but the level of addictiveness was as high as it gets. Those were the days, that's for sure - miss those sessions (pun)...

Cheers mate. Merry XMas! And you can forget about the hundy, LBJ can't be stopped. Must admit I am slightly concerned though....

Reply #218029 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:28 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754