Anonymous
Years ago

Government Planning To Filter and SLOW Internet

The internet is in grave danger with the Governments plans to filter the internet in Australia by up to 87%. Testing has already begun on systems that will slow our internet by up to 87%, make it more expensive, miss the vast majority of inappropriate content and accidentally block up to 1 in 12 legitimate sites. This is a deeply flawed system which will be extremely bad news for EVERYONE. f you use the internet AT ALL then this will effect YOU! Add your name to a rapidly growing petition with over 90,000 names on it already and save the internet!

http://www.getup.org.au/campaign/SaveTheNet/442

Make sure that whatever you do, you forwards this email to absolutely everyone on your email contacts list!

Topic #18513 | Report this topic

Jc  
Years ago

there was a thread on this yesterday.

Reply #218009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know but this thread provide more information and the petition deserves a new thread cause we need to do something about this!

Reply #218012 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

As if. Where do you think we live, China????

Reply #218021 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Have to love the ad on this page.....

Reply #218031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What the hell are you talking about sturty!?

Reply #218065 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I think you guys ought to take this seriously. A Melissa Short has been campaigning on the matter for some time now & doing a great job. I urge you to get in contact with her through Facebook & join the fight against the censorship issue.
I have no personal cause for concern over my internet history, but deplore that a government can dictate at any level on what is surely personal choice.
By all means, let them sniff out paedophiles, terrorists & drug runners, but don't stand for letting them put everyone in the guilty basket.

Reply #218072 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I just don't believe it will happen.

Reply #218097 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Sturty6ers, if you don't believe it, that's fine, but it's not going to hurt by backing the petition if you're against the move in any case.
If enough people make a stand, it may block the enforced cencorship issue. Do nothing, & if it goes ahead, there's no gratification from me in saying I told you so.

Reply #218108 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

where are the votes?

Reply #218110 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

governments rarely do anything unless there are votes or $ dangling from somewhere.

Reply #218111 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Here you go Jack:

Melissa Short

Article

Reply #218119 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Still don't believe it. Even if it is on Facebook....

Reply #218121 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Good for you China.

Reply #218122 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:25 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754