SKUX101
Years ago

NBA Today(spoilers)

A few huge upsets in today's NBA games.

The biggest one was the Knicks knocking off the struggling Celtics 100-88.
The Grizzlies bet the Mavericks by 20, which was an upset. That win snapped the Grizzlies 13-game losing streak.
The Raptors took down the Magic, even though Dwight had a big game. Magic are one of the premier teams in the east.
The Wizards also had one big upset when they bet the Cavs by 3 points.

Close call for the Pistons too, as they only won by a single point over the Clippers.

Topic #18592 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

La just beat a 'royless' portland comfortable.

Reply #219158 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

And now are the No 1 team in the NBA

Reply #219161 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Better check your stats on the Grizzlies 13 game losing streak (or did you mean against Dallas?). The Grizzlies have been going alright this year. I'd say that Mayo has improved his side more than Rose has improved Chicago. I think Mayo is a clear ROY right at this point in time.

Reply #219183 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Maybe read espn. Memphis snap 13 game streak on back of big win against mavs...or something of the sort.

Reply #219189 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Are you really picking Mayo infront of Rose right now?

I'm a fan of both, but Rose has the greater impact for his team, getting to the line and getting the assists. Mayo is a take-over scorer but its with jumpers... he gets no assists and he never gets to the line...

Mayo is a far better defender though...

Reply #219207 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

The 13 game losing streak was only against Dallas - not 13 games in a row this season. The Grizzlies have actually been playing some decent basketball this year. Also Memphis are in the Southwest division which means they have to play four likely playoff teams FOUR times this season (Spurs, Hornets, Mavs, Rockets). So to be the best of the non-playoff contenders in the West is a good effort.

As for ROY it would definitely be between Rose and Mayo at the moment. In terms of impact on their teams I actually think Mayo has had as much, if not more impact than Rose. Last year Memphis had a 26.8% winning percentage and this year it is 32.4% so far. Chicago's was 40.2% and now it is 41.2%.

And the stats look pretty even:

Mayo: 19.7 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 3.0 apg, 1.0 spg
Rose: 17.1 rpg, 3.6 rpg, 5.9 apg, 0.9 spg

I must admit I wasn't a big fan of Mayo during college but he has won me over a bit this year. I wouldn't be too fussed if he did win ROY. I think he is a very good chance, especially if Chicago miss the playoffs.

Reply #219213 | Report this post

DandyBoi  
Years ago

I like both Mayo and Rose. Very close race for rookie of the year.

Reply #219218 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

The success of the Grizzles is made even more promising considering how much burn rookies are geting there...

Gasol
Arthur
Mayo

Couple of young pg's too so things are def looking up.

Kevin Love better get good real soon or else Minn will be laughed at even more...

Reply #219219 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:53 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754